0 Replies - 1324 Views - Last Post: 09 December 2009 - 10:43 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

GUI to build forms like visual basic

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been searching around for more information on how to create a interface that works like the form designer of microsoft visual basic. I couldn't find any information on how it works. So I made my own MDI form and started thinking about it:

When I create a new form in vb, it shows a MDI child, with the form I'm designing inside, and it looks like an image, maybe I could do something like that.
Well, I also have the 'user control' I could create a user control, to control (e.g.) buttons/commands. I could create a button inside a user control, with some little squares on the corners to resize and so on...

After I made my project, I found a simple way of moving, in this example, a button. This is the code I've got for the button:
'boolean to check if we want to move the button
Dim boolMovingButton As Boolean
Private Sub Command1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
	'user clicked inside the button
	boolMovingButton = True
End Sub

Private Sub Command1_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
	'if the user clicked inside the button and moves the mouse
	If boolMovingButton = True Then
		'move the button
		'X/Y - position of the mouse !inside! the button
		'Command1.Left/.Right - position of the button inside the form
		'Int(Command1.Width/.Height / 2) button center locks to mouse when moving
		Command1.Move X + Command1.Left - Int(Command1.Width / 2), Y + Command1.Top - Int(Command1.Height / 2)
	End If
End Sub

Private Sub Command1_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
	'user released button, doesn't want to move anymore
	boolMovingButton = False
End Sub

The reason I'm trying to build such application is to create windows for messenger Plus! Live, which are made out of xml files.

Below is the full project I have so far, in a .rar (I couldn't upload the rar as attachment, so here's a link)
Plus!WindowsIDE

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1