• (2 Pages)
  • +

20 Replies - 2086 Views - Last Post: 29 March 2002 - 10:52 AM

• You wish you were my hand!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Ok, I'm ready

Posted 29 March 2002 - 04:42 AM

well the sites looks better from when i saw it before. but i dont like the frames... i like the color scheme and stuff though... (i know this is a crappy post but i have benn up for over 24 hours now, cant think straight) good work man.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 05:34 AM

Man, I just viewed the site, suppoedly after you fixed the image on the left.  And on my browser, still not showing up.  I don't like the scroll bar just "appearing".  Maybe you should make the bottom middle frame extend all the way to the right.  Maybe take out the counterlinx, etc near the top right.
      Oh, and most importantly.  I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this earlier, but make the links you have appear as a new window.  They are appearing the frame you've set, and that looks feces.  Good luck with the rest of the site, need me to do anything for you on the graphics?  Symphonicreverb@juno.com   Drop me a line.  
    Peace     -B

(Edited by BlueCubeStudios at 7:37 am on Mar. 29, 2002)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• THIS IS SPARTAAA
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 05:34 AM

Oh, and I highly doubt you've had 4325 users view the site already.  Don't cheat
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 07:33 AM

Quote: from BlueCubeStudios on 7:34 am on Mar. 29, 2002
Man, I just viewed the site, suppoedly after you fixed the image on the left.  And on my browser, still not showing up.  I don't like the scroll bar just "appearing".  Maybe you should make the bottom middle frame extend all the way to the right.  Maybe take out the counterlinx, etc near the top right.
      Oh, and most importantly.  I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this earlier, but make the links you have appear as a new window.  They are appearing the frame you've set, and that looks feces.  Good luck with the rest of the site, need me to do anything for you on the graphics?  Symphonicreverb@juno.com   Drop me a line.  
    Peace     -B

(Edited by BlueCubeStudios at 7:37 am on Mar. 29, 2002)

your above statements make about zero sense. and he probably will do his own graphics. plus, you are working on your site. get one thing done at a time. your main site should take your complete attention.

are you telling him to have a popup? pure evil. no popups.

about the counter: you never know. dont start something unless you know what's going on. its simple manners. im willing to bet he has had that many. the content is there and looks good (the content)!

my thoughts on the site: i like the menu now. it looks good. shweet job on the folders :). my personal thing is NO FRAMES EVER. I hate frames. they look amateur. use a good table layout, they look much better.  the content seems to be there, so your good there. just keep playing around with the design until you get something you want and that looks good :). those are my thoughts ;)

-pete

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 08:27 AM

About the popups thing, I fixed that problem. And I do kind of need them because before, a full website was running in my middle frame which was pretty dumb. I don't cheat, the reason the counter is so high is because the last version of my site brought in hundreds of visitors per week, and also, it's set to count all users, not just unique. By the way, do you really think my site looks amateur with frames? I think it looks just like any other table site, and the frames are very easy for me to update. If my site does look amatuer, which should I do: iFrames, SSI, or tables? Thanks again to all of you!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2002 - 10:52 AM

SSI because its hardcore and as easy as frames to setup without their ugly look :) yes, i really do think frames look bad. <iframe> isnt that bad, but last i checked it doesn't work with netscape. the only part about *your* site that looked amateur-ish with frames was that one scrollbar. have maybe one news/update post, or perhaps three, and then a link to 'old news' or something. that would make it look cleaner :) otherwise i don't see the point of using a frame with this site

-pete

(Edited by skrilla monkey at 12:52 pm on Mar. 29, 2002)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +