3 Replies - 1466 Views - Last Post: 30 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What do you think about this?

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:52 PM

what do you think of my site, http://programminginparadise.com/ ? i teach c++ programming and internet business on a tropical island in south Thailand.

i know the site is very simple, i like it that way and a lot of people in Thailand are on dialup (including me) so i want to keep the home page small and fast loading.

thanks, steve

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What do you think about this?

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What do you think about this?

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:04 PM

First thing I noticed is the lack of navigational buttons on other pages (what if I want to return home?). People (including me) find it a hassle if they have to go and use their navigator's buttons. Other than that, did you want formatting on your other pages? ..if not then I have no problem, if you wanted there to be formatting, I'd look into that. The header looks trippy with the background, I like it. Main formatting problem on your main page is that I really hate the fact that the two columns of text touch (you should add cell spacing to spread it out). It's impossible to read your footer information and a real minor detail regarding your footer links is that your links aren't even. I'm pretty obsessive compulsive about unevenness. Otherwise it's a decent site with much available improvement so I'd give it a C+.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

eLliDKraM, on 30 Jan, 2006 - 09:01 PM, said:

First thing I noticed is the lack of navigational buttons on other pages (what if I want to return home?). People (including me) find it a hassle if they have to go and use their navigator's buttons. Other than that, did you want formatting on your other pages? ..if not then I have no problem, if you wanted there to be formatting, I'd look into that. The header looks trippy with the background, I like it. Main formatting problem on your main page is that I really hate the fact that the two columns of text touch (you should add cell spacing to spread it out). It's impossible to read your footer information and a real minor detail regarding your footer links is that your links aren't even. I'm pretty obsessive compulsive about unevenness. Otherwise it's a decent site with much available improvement so I'd give it a C+.

thanks for the feedback. you said the 2 columns touch eh? i have a 20 pixel space in there and it looks ok to me on IE. what browser are you using?

thanks, steve
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pepè Le Pewn
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

Firefox. I swear... not one website nowadays looks good in both IE and Firefox. You're right, IE is fine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1