Installing Coldfusion 8.0

You tried to access the address http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administra

Page 1 of 1

9 Replies - 2721 Views - Last Post: 21 December 2009 - 07:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Installing Coldfusion 8.0

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:08 AM

Hi,

I am a Developer............just downloaded the Coldfusion 8 trial version for training/learning purposes.....

The installation was successful and completed........But when I tried to open the following:
http://127.0.0.1:850...IDE/administrat or/index.cfm

I GOT THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE ON MY BROWSER.....................

You tried to access the address http://127.0.0.1:850...strator/index.c fm, which is currently unavailable. Please make sur
e that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Under the Services (in Computer Management)
I tried to restart the "Coldfusion 8 Application Server".......................I got the following message:

Windows could not start the Coldfusion 8 Applicatio Server on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. I
f this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2.

I have removed and reinstalled Coldfusion 8 several times, and getting the SAME messages..........

PLEASE HELP..........................You can e-mail me at:
inderjit.toor@gmail.com....................

Thanks,
Inderjit

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Installing Coldfusion 8.0

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Installing Coldfusion 8.0

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

Are you trying to install it into IIS or just with the built-in web server? Also try changing the port when you do the install or try installing ColdFusion 9.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:34 AM

View Postxheartonfire43x, on 11 Dec, 2009 - 02:57 PM, said:

Are you trying to install it into IIS or just with the built-in web server? Also try changing the port when you do the install or try installing ColdFusion 9.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back...........................

I am just following the Coldfusion 8.0 installation and installing using the BUILT-IN web server...................

I have tried:
http://127.0.0.1:850...rator/index.cfm AND
http://localhost:850...rator/index.cfm

I get the same FOLLOWING message:

"You tried to access the address http://127.0.0.1:850...rator/index.cfm, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page."

Also, the reason I am installing 8.0 is because I was getting the same problem with 9.0...................

If you could please help....................Thanks, Anu
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

Perhaps you should install IIS or Apache HTTP Server on your computer and install CF on top of that. It doesn't affect your computer to much and if you play video games or whatever then you can just shut down the services when you need to. If you are on Windows then just add the component through the add/remove windows components. If you need a more detailed instructions then let me know what OS you are on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:28 AM

I believe, I already have IIS installed....................But have always installed COLDFUSION as built in web serve...............Never had any problems..............until 8.0........................

Currenlty I am using Windows XP .......................If you can guide me.............what I need to solve this problem....

Thanks,
Anu

I believe, I already have IIS installed....................But have always installed COLDFUSION as built in web serve...............Never had any problems..............until 8.0........................

Currenlty I am using Windows XP .......................If you can guide me.............what I need to solve this problem....

Thanks,
Anu
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

View Postinderjit0, on 14 Dec, 2009 - 07:28 AM, said:

Thanks,
Anu

Well if you have installed CF before, and have had no issues and have tried different downloads and installs then there are only 2 issues left that could potentially stop the install from working... one and this is always my favorite... you need to restart your computer. I am guessing you did that so then it would be the other issue... there is already another application listening on port 8500.

The way to find out if something is listening on port 8500 is to open up a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and type this: netstat -a
That will give you all of the active TCP connections that your computer is listening on.

Give it a second to scan everything... there are after all, if I remember correctly, 20,000 ports to scan.

Some where in there you should see something like this: TCP [::]:8500 DLONG01:0 Listening where DLONG01 is your computer's name. That is what it looks like if you have ColdFusion running. It may look different for you... such as 127.0.0.1:8500 or 0.0.0.0:8500 Normally ColdFusion automatically asks if you want to change the port if something else is on it.

This post has been edited by xheartonfire43x: 15 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hi,

I tried :
All Programs, Run..., netstat -a

The command runs for less than a second...............and disappears..................I have tried this by restarting........ruuning command...............AGAIN......it only runs for a less than a second..............and the black comand window..........crashes less than second............

Thanks,
Anu

View Postxheartonfire43x, on 15 Dec, 2009 - 04:54 PM, said:

View Postinderjit0, on 14 Dec, 2009 - 07:28 AM, said:

Thanks,
Anu

Well if you have installed CF before, and have had no issues and have tried different downloads and installs then there are only 2 issues left that could potentially stop the install from working... one and this is always my favorite... you need to restart your computer. I am guessing you did that so then it would be the other issue... there is already another application listening on port 8500.

The way to find out if something is listening on port 8500 is to open up a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and type this: netstat -a
That will give you all of the active TCP connections that your computer is listening on.

Give it a second to scan everything... there are after all, if I remember correctly, 20,000 ports to scan.

Some where in there you should see something like this: TCP [::]:8500 DLONG01:0 Listening where DLONG01 is your computer's name. That is what it looks like if you have ColdFusion running. It may look different for you... such as 127.0.0.1:8500 or 0.0.0.0:8500 Normally ColdFusion automatically asks if you want to change the port if something else is on it.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

View Postinderjit0, on 19 Dec, 2009 - 10:14 AM, said:

Hi,

I tried :

The command runs for less than a second...............and disappears..................I have tried this by restarting........ruuning command...............AGAIN......it only runs for a less than a second..............and the black comand window..........crashes less than second............

Thanks,
Anu

That sounds really funky. I haven't heard of that happening before. Are you running any applications that could also be running on port 8500. Dev SQL Server, Mail Server, etc. Either that or a firewall that could be stopping it? I would suggest turning off firewalls (even the Windows Firewall) and try doing the install again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT FINALLLLY WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I removed MYSQL....................and tuned off the firewall......................it started to WORK...

Again..........I really appreciate it....

Anu

View Postxheartonfire43x, on 19 Dec, 2009 - 02:09 PM, said:

View Postinderjit0, on 19 Dec, 2009 - 10:14 AM, said:

Hi,

I tried :

Thanks,
Anu

That sounds really funky. I haven't heard of that happening before. Are you running any applications that could also be running on port 8500. Dev SQL Server, Mail Server, etc. Either that or a firewall that could be stopping it? I would suggest turning off firewalls (even the Windows Firewall) and try doing the install again.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:13 AM

View Postinderjit0, on 20 Dec, 2009 - 11:34 AM, said:

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT FINALLLLY WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I removed MYSQL....................and tuned off the firewall......................it started to WORK...

Again..........I really appreciate it....

Anu

Sorry that I didn't think about the firewall first. It was likely that as MySQL runs on Port 3306 normally, but it may have accidentally been installed under another port, so I guess we will never know. In either case you can install MySQL back onto your computer, and open up port 8500 on your firewall and turn it back on unless your network is firewall protected.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1