2 Replies - 709 Views - Last Post: 14 December 2009 - 01:37 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Building .exe with VB.NET program

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

I was looking at making a program which can then build other seperate .exes, is this possible? For example the user types their mail username/password into my program then this builds a seperate one which just connects to their mail with their username/password. I've googled with little success.

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Building .exe with VB.NET program

• N00by VB.NET Developer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Building .exe with VB.NET program

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:33 AM

Why do you want to create ANOTHER exe? There are complicated ways of doing this by using a "compiler" object, but I doubt you'll want to... Here's the easy way of doing what you want... You can totally skip the first exe which only asks for the credentials.

Set two string settings, and a boolean. Say you named the two string settings username and password, and the boolean lol. On the form load event:

If my.settings.lol = false then
my.settings.username =   InputBox("Enter your email address")
me.settings.password = InputBox("Enter your pass")
my.settings.lol = true
End if

"lol" will check whether the user has already opened the program before, if he did, then nothing happens, and his email and pass are already stored in the program... However if he didn't, then he can enter the user and pass, and they will be stored.

Just implement this into your "second exe"

This post has been edited by LeisureProgrammer: 12 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Building .exe with VB.NET program

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:37 PM

Yes This is possible, two ways one is using CodeDom which is what I recomend, the second is using a so called "Hacker" (Noob wannabe's) method which is writing the data into a stub program. So that when your program is run you can recall data from it, it is not brilliant but it works, like taping the moving parts of your hardrive back-together with Duct-Tape. You Will have to find out about it yourself though. (Do NOT use it if you are making an app you want to distribute, this is because some antiviruses detect the bind in files).

So your solution is to find out about "CODEDOM".

Enjoy,
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1