5 Replies - 287 Views - Last Post: 16 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello Chaps

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hello Dream In Code users. Just joined, looking to expand my knowledge in certain areas. Hope this ends up being a good place to do it. :D

Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Education: Currently in BEng CS Final Year
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, LISP, experience with Python, Perl, PHP, ASP, VBScript and so forth
Years Programming/Designing: Started with BASIC on a BBC Micro when I was 10, only 1 year in Industry at this point.
Hobbies/Interests: Violin, Reading, Electronics
Last Good Book I Read: Walden - Henry David Thoreau, just finished last night.
If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be: Immortality. I don't think my remaining life expectancy of ~50 odd years is enough to get through my reading list, let alone my 'things to do before I die' list.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello Chaps

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hello Chaps

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:03 AM

Cool, another reading fanatic! Welcome to DIC and Hi.

Immortality, hmm, I'd say you'd get bored, but I guess you have too many things to do to get bored ever. See ya around!

PS: What do you think: Harry Potter fails or not?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code

Thanks for joining Dream.In.Code, hope to see you around the forums someday :)

You have just stepped into the greatest programming community on the Internet, we have experts for just about every mainstream language, and even some languages that aren't so mainstream, so the level of expertise is second to none. All will be more than willing to help, as long as you too are willing to put forth the effort to solve your problem, and to go along the road to becoming a better programmer smile.gif

I would like to ask that when making a programming question that you first place your code inside code tags like this :code: . This makes it much easier to read through large pieces of code, and keeps your post a little more organized.

When posting a programming question first make sure you're in the first forum, then make sure you provide as much information as you can think of that would make it easier for a 2nd pair of eyes to help you debug your issue.

If you happen to get bored (I know, it's real hard to do here) you can check out our Off Topic Caafeine Lounge, the Corner Cubical, dedicated to industry talk, or the Student Campus, dedicated to all things for students.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact myself or another staff member, and we will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Richard
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

View PostSinnner, on 16 Dec, 2009 - 07:03 AM, said:

Cool, another reading fanatic! Welcome to DIC and Hi.

Immortality, hmm, I'd say you'd get bored, but I guess you have too many things to do to get bored ever. See ya around!

PS: What do you think: Harry Potter fails or not?

Thanks for the welcome Sinnner! Not too keen on the Harry Potter books myself, although oddly I very much enjoyed the films.

I suppose life would get boring after the sun burns out and I'm floating around in space...

Thankyou for the welcome also PsychoCoder, I'll be sure to use the [code] tags and follow the rest of your advice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hey Mimir! trust me, you'll LOVE it here! i haven't been here too long, but these guys, (especially PsychoCoder here) have been a great help. Even if you have no questions, the lounge is a great place just to hang around. Glad to have you on board!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

I'm sure you're really into reading since you have the sense to dislike HP books!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1