Texas Hold'em Game

What do I need to get started?

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 3581 Views - Last Post: 06 January 2010 - 01:55 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Texas Hold'em Game

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

For my Senior Project I plan to make a Texas Hold'em Game. I was wondering where I should start. As in, what codes I should use and where I should get the artwork. My plan is to make it as simple, yet realistic and enjoyable, as possible. Any help is welcome and appreciated. I dont really know what else to put...if you have any question just leave them and ill answer.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Texas Hold'em Game

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Texas Hold'em Game

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

View Postprogrammerguy, on 15 Dec, 2009 - 08:07 PM, said:

For my Senior Project I plan to make a Texas Hold'em Game. I was wondering where I should start. As in, what codes I should use and where I should get the artwork. My plan is to make it as simple, yet realistic and enjoyable, as possible. Any help is welcome and appreciated. I dont really know what else to put...if you have any question just leave them and ill answer.

Depends on how your going to make it. If your going to make it in an Object Oriented Language, i suggest making a class called Cards and another class called Deck.
Make the Deck hold a list of 52 Cards. Deck should have a shuffle and deal methods. The Card class should have the values of a card, and probably the image your going to use for it.
stuff like that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Darken the Radar

• View blog

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

Well you need a good understanding of the game and random characters to play the other players in the game. You can get the deck of card images with a quick google search. What language are you using?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

View Postdrjoe51, on 21 Dec, 2009 - 09:34 AM, said:

View Postprogrammerguy, on 15 Dec, 2009 - 08:07 PM, said:

Depends on how your going to make it. If your going to make it in an Object Oriented Language, i suggest making a class called Cards and another class called Deck.
Make the Deck hold a list of 52 Cards. Deck should have a shuffle and deal methods. The Card class should have the values of a card, and probably the image your going to use for it.
stuff like that.

Thanks alot! I actually changed the game to Blackjack, but what you said will work.

View PostGenHornet18, on 21 Dec, 2009 - 11:31 AM, said:

Well you need a good understanding of the game and random characters to play the other players in the game. You can get the deck of card images with a quick google search. What language are you using?

Well I wont need random characters to play the others because I changed the game to Blackjack. But I have checked google for the deck of cards. Still trying to find a good one. And I am using XNA.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1