Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: examle code for login using jsp with ms access

• code > sword
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: examle code for login using jsp with ms access

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

1 - This is the C/C++ forum. You should really post Java questions in the Java forum

2 - Let me Google your question for you.
Oh here we are.
2nd link on the search results
http://www.easysoft....access/jsp.html

The world is generally kinder to people who try than those who don't try.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• CTO
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

You were far kinder than I would have been. He has one post (this one) and basically asked to be spoon fed. Holidays or no - he deserves ridicule for cluttering the forum with yet another brainless query. Bah humbug.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code > sword
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

View PostProgrammist, on 19 Dec, 2009 - 06:28 PM, said:

You were far kinder than I would have been. He has one post (this one) and basically asked to be spoon fed. Holidays or no - he deserves ridicule for cluttering the forum with yet another brainless query. Bah humbug.

This thread seems long dead so I don't feel too bad about hijacking it for a side discussion.

Personally I think a harder line on expecting questions to be well formed and show signs of putting some effort into really constructing a question with a serious attempt to describe the problem, the exact area in which assistance is being sought and some evidence that some effort has gone into attempting solutions or conducting research on the issue would be good for the longterm health of DIC but not all agree with that position (you know who you are - speak up in response if you disagree with what I am saying here).

Something for backroom discussion amongst the Mods etc on whether some boilerplate response on 'please write a better question' to sit beside the [ rules ] tag (or, perhaps, as one, or more, of its paragraphs) would be a wise investment of energy or not.

There is a balance between being friendly and supportive of people who are having trouble understanding the code craft and excessively supporting bottom feeders who expect a 15 second effort in posting a question should produce a 15 minute effort in responding to it. I think providing a standardised, firm but not rude 'get real or get lost' response that take a few seconds to throw back at a lackisdasically constructed question could help make it clear that standards exist and will be enforced.

To be very clear. I don't care how "dumb" the question is. We were all noobs at some stage and that should be fine for those following us too. But I do think enforcing some minimum standards for the content and layout of a question posting is a good idea.

Anyway, no reason anyone should care what I think but if the important people in DIC think the idea of imposing some standards about question quality (rather than just referencing "homework" as the only sin worthy of comment) is worth discussing I think it's possible some good could come of it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1