Wordpress blog's SEO

recommendations get traffic for a month old blog.

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 1543 Views - Last Post: 23 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wordpress blog's SEO

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

I've recently completed with my blog. The problem now is that it is not getting a good search engine ranking. Internet says to get some incoming links to improve the pagerank but I hardly have any friends who develop the websites. So is there any way out of it?

You can check out the website here
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wordpress blog's SEO

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Wordpress blog's SEO

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

View Postmthbk1, on 24 Dec, 2009 - 01:09 PM, said:

I've recently completed with my blog. The problem now is that it is not getting a good search engine ranking. Internet says to get some incoming links to improve the pagerank but I hardly have any friends who develop the websites. So is there any way out of it?

First of all i think you must choice a better domain name and get own TLD (.com, .net, .info, etc..) domain. Then starts add your site in search directories, or web-sites catalogs, every link indexed from Google will increase your Google PR. Read more about SEO and before starts make up real SEO, make sure that your site is ready and contains basic SEO techniques.

Free web hostings isn't perfect solutions for serious web projects.

Cheers,
Kris
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

View Postkrisku, on 24 Dec, 2009 - 04:06 PM, said:

View Postmthbk1, on 24 Dec, 2009 - 01:09 PM, said:

First of all i think you must choice a better domain name and get own TLD (.com, .net, .info, etc..) domain. Then starts add your site in search directories, or web-sites catalogs, every link indexed from Google will increase your Google PR. Read more about SEO and before starts make up real SEO, make sure that your site is ready and contains basic SEO techniques.

Free web hostings isn't perfect solutions for serious web projects.

Cheers,
Kris

Thanx a lot dude. I just wanted to try free hosting before I get on with my full fledged project. BTW I didn't knew that the indexing of pages will also increase my pagerank. Thanx a lot. :)

Trivia | Factology
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

Showing 'excerpt()' instead of 'the_content()' in your index template is also valuable, as it decreases the amount of duplicated content and increases your ranking. This way you are showing only the first sentences of each post, instead of the whole post.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:18 AM

yes its true if you want to improve the pr of your site you need to get more and quality backlinks to your blogs..try to get some quality backlinks and post some unique content to your blog...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

As far as I know google don't index subdomains. I tried it before adding like that on google webmaster and they said sub domains will not be indexed, only Top Leve Domains (TLD's). So if you are really serious about making ranking on google, you should invest on .com .net etc..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1