What kind of weather do you have?

Page 1 of 1

9 Replies - 710 Views - Last Post: 25 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Weird weather

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

Well I decided to start this topic because some really weird thing are going on lately :-)

For example in my country (Slovenia, SE Europe) it's supposed to be winter since we have continental climate and it's supposed to be about -5 to -10 degrees Celsius (14 to 23 Fahrenheit) at this time of year. And before two days it was minus 10 degrees Celsius (14 Fahrenheit) which is totally normal. It was snowing just as much that you had to clean your car of snow. Today - two days later - there is no sign of snow at all and it's 15 degrees Celsius above zero (59 Fahrenheit) which is a 25 degrees Celsius change in only two days). This is some really weird shit :-)

So, I'd like to know if any of you is experiencing some similar abnormal environmental changes? What kind of trouble are you dealing with because of that? Does it have any impact on you or anything related with things you do?

What do you think about the Climate Change Conference that took place this year in Copenhagen? Which side are you on? What do you think about India and China' response?

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you!

This post has been edited by FlashM: 25 December 2009 - 03:46 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Weird weather

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Weird weather

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

Vancouver Canada here... the weather is a bit warmer than usual but not too much. No snow this year even though the rest of Canada is pretty much hit with snow in some amount. It is not really hard to understand that out climate is changing for the worse. Fine, don't believe the scientists but look at your own windows and you can see it is obvious.

Copenhagen? I can't say I am surprised at all about India and China. They have nothing to gain and much to lose in reducing their carbon footprint. They have goals for a growing economy and really nothing is going to stop them until they get it. I am glad the US is at least making half an effort this time around, but I am afraid it won't make much of a difference. Current stats show that Asia is ballooning much much faster in carbon emissions than North America. Without Asia being on board, not much is going to stop.

Look for the winters to get warmer and warmer over the years. Like most people of the current generation, they are just sighing in relief that they will probably be dead before the world's climate goes to hell.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Cairo, Egypt here.. the weather around here is Ok in the winter , the coldest it gets would be around 15 degrees, so we never have get snow here :).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• A$$hole Extraordinaire.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

yesterday was 75F out, and today it's snowing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Using up all your 1's and 0's
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

Weather here is crazy an unusual, which is how it always is. I don't see global warming out my window. (I live In Calgary btw)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Omaha, NE... blizzard. A bit unusual since Jesus and Santa both love this part of the USA... and to do this on Baby Jesus' birthday eve is nuts.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

But do you think that India and China have the right not to reduce the carbon footprint because of their economy still developing. For example, Europe and US did the same. So why shouldn't they? I have very mixed filling about that. I'm not saying it's right, rather contrary, but why shouldn't they if everybody else did?

And there is one more thing that came to my mind: For example, everybody is moving their production to India, China, etc because of the really cheap labor force. But also their living standard is increasing as well as salaries and so on. What happens when the labor force becomes as expensive as in Europe and US. Where are we going to move our production. Where are China and India going to move their production to reduce the costs? Do you think it is possible that this will trigger another huge global crisis, sometime in the future?

This post has been edited by FlashM: 25 December 2009 - 03:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

My thoughts on globalization are too long and complex for me to type out this morning. Plus, I have a bunch of new crap to play with.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

that's the spirit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Yea, 2 days ago it was snowing, now it's just pouring down rain with like 50 mph winds. >_>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1