Creating Flash Headers

Need more info on creating graphics

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 6587 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating Flash Headers

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:16 PM

We've all seen the templates on the net for Flash, Dreamweaver or Photoshop (in the psd file format). My first question is do the authors create the grahics and the buttons for the menus and interactivity of Flash in Photoshop first and then integrate them into Flash or Swish? Or is it more common to create the graphics in Flash? My second question is, once I have downloaded a PSD file that is a view of the entire website page, do I save it as a gif or jpg and slice it to insert it in Dreamweaver or how does that all work? I'm a bit confused on this.

Thanks,
AMC :blink:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating Flash Headers

• still.dreaming
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Creating Flash Headers

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:18 AM

I usually create a small sketch using pen and paper first. If there's any type I do it in Flash. Depending on what effect I'm trying to achieve, I create text blocks as small as possible. Single sentences, individual words or sometimes individual letters.

When it comes to creating the images, I do logos and similar "flat shape" based art in either Flash or Illustrator (then import into flash). Depending on complexity. Bakcgrounds or other full colour images I do in Photoshop and import a PNG file into Flash. Sometimes, after import, if I find elements in that image that can be animated or created using Flash, I trace over them in Flash then erase that bit in Photoshop and reimport an updated PNG into Flash.

Flash has a great compression ratio so don't be afraid to use PNG file format. You can make great alpha gradients and get away with it :) (though if you go overboard, your proccessor will kill you during animated sequences)

Creating non Flash content using Dreamweaver or other similar product, for me starts with pen and paper, but quickly moves to Photoshop or Illustrator (or whatever your preference)... and I'm pretty sure it's the same for many others (maybe not the pen and paper bit)

I get the idea down and out. Play with layout, colour. Tweak elements. That sort of thing. Once I think I'm finished I save the Photoshop file and also export it as a flat PNG so I don't loose quality from compression.

From there I start coding the HTML and CSS layout. Whnever I get to a bit where there will be a crucial image like a background or header, I cut it out of the PNG, export it as a GIF or JPEG and use it in the HTML/CSS.

A lot of things like links or areas with flat colour, don't need images and are pure code.

That's generaly my experience in simple websites.

If you want to find out more detailed stuff concerning HTML, CSS and similar, see our HTML/CSS/Javascript section :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Creating Flash Headers

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

hi

There is a online free flash header tool which is useful to me..That is http://flashheader.corpgenie.com/
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1