• (3 Pages)
  • +

37 Replies - 1341 Views - Last Post: 31 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

What happened?

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:59 AM

The end of the first decade of this millenium. Only a few days left and in the news I can read about another terrorist trying to blow up a bomb in an aeroplane.
For me, I guess the most memorable thing to happen during this decade was the hijacking of the planes that flew into the two world trade center buildings in New York. I can still remember exactly what I did the hours that followed.
What is your greatest memory from this decade? Be it something that was on the news all over the world or just something that meant a lot to you.

This post has been edited by Gloin: 28 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What happened?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What happened?

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:02 AM

Probably my grandfather's death.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:07 AM

The end of the first decade of this millennium could also be 31st December 2010. http://en.wikipedia....llennium#Ranges
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:41 AM

Everyone can remember the bombing of the towers, it left a scar of everybody, but Muslims and Middle-Easteners were the ones most affected. I mean they got abused, harassed and discriminated against pretty badly after that incident. And its all because of dumb bogans who just do whatever they're told without even thinking about it. Some group bombs a country, what do they do? Instead of trying to support the government in helping them fight the terrorist, they just harass anyone who believes, looks or comes from the same country as the group. Sometimes this world makes me cry. :(

But, on a happier note, my most memorable moment of the past decade is probably the trip we took all around the world. We went to Egypt, Malaysia, France and Dubai. The last two are completely opposite in weather. Dubai is like 43C and France is like -5787281371827381C. It was nice, was good to just relax for a while and enjoy myself. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:24 AM

I was 21 years old when this decade started. I was a young college kid, living in my first apartment and dating a new man.

Ten years later, I am on the verge of buying my first house, that once "new" man is now the "ex" and the father of both my babies.

Ultimately, life didn't really begin for me until the start of this decade, as such there's very little in the last ten years that isn't memorable. The top three, I suppose, would be 9-11-01 and the births of my children.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:36 AM

You know it did not even occur to me that a decade was ending... for me it was a pretty busy one. I left the Navy, I went to school and managed to get a degree in mathematics, I left school and found a job, I traveled all over the eastern united states... I have lived in 3 states, traveled to many more. I have moved at least 10 times, I have been as far south as Miami, FL and as far north as Ottawa, Canada, as far east as Boston, MA and as far west as Austin, TX Salt Lake City, UT...

On the day-to-day my life always seems a little boring... but at moments like this I get to look back at a measured space and see how blessed I have been with adventure.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your worst nightmare
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:59 AM

Wow...in the past decade I've seen American icons fall, or die. I've seen family that no one thought was going to die soon, die in an instance. I have loved, and been crushed. Gotten married, had a kid. Moved a few times. Had numerous jobs. Went back to college. And a lot more.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 NeoTifa  Icon User is online

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

@remorseless - I do think it is sad. I remember I used to be friends with this old Egyptian grill cook at Bob Evans and he'd tell me how he'd go in Wal-Mart (same parking lot) to cash his check and dumb rednecks kept messing with him and giving him shit. I'm like "wtf dude?! You're not even from Afganistan or Iraq!" :/

Lets see, my grandpa died, graduated high school, got accepted into a military acadamy (and turned it down because of Larry. I still kick myself for it.), started at WSU, joined DIC :D, got 2 cars, got my job at WPAFB, and some other stuff.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

Most memorable: April 16, 2007
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Still the sexiest mofo.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

Id have to say September 11, 2001 was the thing that stands out to me the most. I remember I was walking from English class to Geography when my teacher came in and said someone had told him the WTCs were on fire. As we turned on the TV we saw the 2nd plane hit.

The entire Senior class walked out of school that day around 12 and 45 out of 60 of them went and enlisted.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:31 AM

I met my fiance' May 1st, 2009. I know it's close to the end of the decade but it's something I'll never forget.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

hmm this decade i won 2 medals, one silver and one bronze when i used to do karate.. i had a nice visit to Turkey.. got my high school degree, got into a good university..and above all i found what i was born to do
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

Married, Divorced, started college, finished college, started my own business. Met some people, made some friends & lost some friends.

Lots of ups & downs, but pretty much the standard of the adult American lifestyle.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• if(coden4fun.NotTired){ ContinueToCode(); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

View PostGloin, on 28 Dec, 2009 - 03:59 AM, said:

For me, I guess the most memorable thing to happen during this decade was the hijacking of the planes that flew into the two world trade center buildings in New York.

View PostRaynes, on 28 Dec, 2009 - 04:02 AM, said:

Probably my grandfather's death.

View Postremorseless, on 28 Dec, 2009 - 04:41 AM, said:

Everyone can remember the bombing of the towers, it left a scar of everybody, but Muslims and Middle-Easteners were the ones most affected. I mean they got abused, harassed and discriminated against pretty badly after that incident.

View PostSethro117, on 28 Dec, 2009 - 08:24 AM, said:

Id have to say September 11, 2001 was the thing that stands out to me the most.

Wow, this is such a happy thread ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:19 AM

Finding Dream.In.Code stands out to me :blush:

EDIT: I know it's a couple months past the end of the decade but my 20th wedding anniversary will be one for me to remember in this decade (Like I said, 2 months past the end but it's close enough for me)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +