3 Replies - 811 Views - Last Post: 02 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Site Template

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

Hey everyone,

So i have a new site template that I'm going to writing a tutorial series on here coming up on my blog. But I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the design for starters. I'm not sure I like the header yet, but we'll see. Anyways here is the site template....
Posted Image

Cheers
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Site Template

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Site Template

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

In my opinion, the colors look great with each other plus I like the background with the black and red trees. In addition, the layout is quite neat although personally I prefer the About be on top of the Tag Cloud and Posts but I guess it is just a personal preference. But the design is beautiful, keep up the good work :)

This post has been edited by ayman_mastermind: 01 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

View Postayman_mastermind, on 1 Jan, 2010 - 10:20 AM, said:

In my opinion, the colors look great with each other plus I like the background with the black and red trees. In addition, the layout is quite neat although personally I prefer the About be on top of the Tag Cloud and Posts but I guess it is just a personal preference. But the design is beautiful, keep up the good work :)

Wow right on thanks for the input! I was thinking the same thing on switching the about to the top as well, draws more focus to that item :D

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

On the date just make that a clean thing instead of adding a texture to it. As far as the header I wouldn't go with Papyrus as a font if I were you, Trajan may be better suited. The font on the right side in the tag cloud and the other areas is too large in my opinion and needs to be brought down about 4-6 points.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1