3 Replies - 723 Views - Last Post: 01 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

• if(coden4fun.NotTired){ ContinueToCode(); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Internet produces information equivilant to the library of congress

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

So, I was tyring to get my new TV to work with my Wii, and asusmed that it was on Aux1 instead of Video1 (prior to my last televison), and couldn't get the Wii to turn on. As I was getting this to work my dish was on MSNBC(which I rarely watch) and had an episode or a news show that had a section called "Future Tech".

It pulled me in as the Chief Editor of Wired Magazine Chris Andersion (but don't quote me) was going to talk to the host on the future technologies what will play a big part of the next decade to come, and what technologies really stood out this decade.

This decade he quickly referenced the iPhone, and the iPod as major gadget trends that really changed the way we lived by also mentioning FB and Twitter, for the forms of communication.

Interesting Note: They said that every 15 minutes the internet produces information equivilant to the library of congress which took over 200 years to obtain.

So, what are the big technologies of this decade that you were thrilled and have significantly seen has shaped the way we work, live, and socialize? What technologies do you forsee in the future that will have an equivilant or even more drastic impact on our lives?

This post has been edited by coden4fun: 01 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Internet produces information equivilant to the library of congress

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Re: Internet produces information equivilant to the library of congress

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:23 PM

I am actually surprised how much info is created, but probably only 0.000000000000000001% of that is inportant :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:26 PM

View Postcoden4fun, on 1 Jan, 2010 - 01:57 PM, said:

Interesting Note: They said that every 15 minutes the internet produces information equivilant to the library of congress which took over 200 years to obtain.

Reminds me of this

edit: or this

This post has been edited by KYA: 01 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Baller
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

Nothing specifically on the internet but the internet as a whole. The spread of high speed internet was the single biggest advance of the decade.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1