-meh!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: new litescript version

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: new litescript version

Posted 05 February 2002 - 02:50 PM

Your visitors must close windows, that isn't really user-friendly.Try to avoid popups.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2002 - 04:46 PM

aight, now what about the BG etc? good? bad? - im workin' on the popup shtuff. it'll be done tonite hopefully :)

-PETE
-meh!

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2002 - 05:09 PM

your backgroundpiciture is ok! or… instead of the three full lines, maybe three lines of dots?
The text 'litescript webdesign' may be unsharp, but for all the rest of the text (going further, company, …)  it's better to use a pixelfont. So that there is a contrast between sharp and unsharp (clickable and unclickable)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2002 - 06:20 PM

oh, i see. actually the background made me move into a new design that i will (hopefully) post and have up by tonight :)

-PETE
-meh!

ps: thx for the input, its much appreciated! :) (and tat BG is the base for the new layout)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2002 - 07:34 PM

ok folks. here's the newest evo. i think it looks pretty keen, if a bit blank (im thinking of content to add - suggestions?).

none of the links work (except the contact link) yet; im waiting for feedback before i venture forth and make the other pages (waste of time otherwise). opinions, plz :)

http://litescript.ch...com/splash.html

-PETE
-meh!

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• You wish you were my hand!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2002 - 09:30 PM

dude im sorry cause that is horribly ugly... the blue and the tables with the color change in the middle is just nasty.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 02:35 AM

You have a strange way of working. It's just you are puzzling. I also don't see any unity with your picture. First of all, it's better to have a good concept.

Or … you're too enthousiastic to show us your work, but too early.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 06:20 AM

Quote: from BluntedbyNature on 11:30 pm on Feb. 5, 2002
dude im sorry cause that is horribly ugly... the blue and the tables with the color change in the middle is just nasty.

I wouldnt say horribly, but it needs some work.. The first thing when I see 1px boarders is if they made em correctly.. And, you didn't.. you used CSS for them and thats bad! Instead, make 1big black table.. Insert another table inside with a spacing of 1.. create the inner bg white(or whatever) and it will create the same boarder but with tables

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 07:58 AM

hmm ok, vinny, lets look at your site. wtf is up with the boxes? i first thought they were buttons; now i know they are just a waste of bandwidth for downloading. and while we're on the topic of ugly backgrounds, wtf is up with you're orange blur? and it still scrolls right, still looks ugly and bland, and still needs a lot of work. the links are absolutely horrible. it seems that you are blunted-by-stupidity. learn some design techniques. im trying new ideas; not forumlating final sites here. i cant believe you purchased a domain for that shit. whats the point of the site?! to show off your talents?! you make yourself look like a fool. learn to design and make new ideas. this one is horrible. the text gets unreadable at the top and there is very little contrast. the links page i wont even go in to. making links to cool sites does not make you a hard-ass. and wtf - that table layout is absolute shit. and, omg, you falming homo; sexy boys? too weird for me. oh, yeah, i love the sig. nice glow effect (wait, its SHIT). and why the #### would anyone want to download one of your wallpapers? if you want a good wallpaper, go to 2advanced.com or to cubadust.com. they are extreme graphic and web designers who *KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING* i would like to personally request that your code.*name* be changed to code.idiot. you show me no reason to respect you.

-PETE
-meh!

(Edited by skrilla monkey at 10:14 am on Feb. 6, 2002)

(Edited by skrilla monkey at 10:17 am on Feb. 6, 2002)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 03:01 PM

Look I'm sorry, I know it's not my flame war but I just take extreme offence at that last post.  Just because someone doesn't have "an impressive site" at your own opinion doesn't mean that it totally null and voids their opinion.  How many times have you ever said "ahh, <insert famous music artist> makes crap music"?  Your opinion is certainally valid about that musician -  but then again, if we took your view then surely you wouldn't be allowed to comment, as I doubt you could make the fame and fortune.

Perhaps Vinny's choice of words was a little harsh, but I think any argument you had about his inappropriate wording was cancelled out by your extreme and uncalled for attack back.  Comments such as "that table layout is absolute shit" isn't going to win you any friends either.  And if you have such an extreme attitude about his site then why don't you post constructive, repeat, constructive criticism in his thread?

And before you visit my site and say "why should I respect you, your site smells of rotting vomit" or something equally unqualified, just read over the start of this post again.  And don't get your "mate" to butt in and add his 2 cents either.

If everyone just kept their attitude problems to themselves and didn't inflict their sharp hatred and loathing on other people, perhaps there wouldn't be a need for this post after all.

Rob, signing out.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 05:23 PM

look, you little prick, im not looking for friends. im not looking for anything, per se (yes that's how its spelled). i just want him to know that his comments are definetly unappreciated and i wanted him to know that i dont think he can really talk about how my site sux when his is absoulte shit (opinion, yes i know).  Personally, I like your site (not trying to wave you to my side). i really do. and my "mate" did that of his own free will. he took my keyboard and typed that. i knew this reaction was coming, and i was ready. so let's just leave it between us, ok? this is my "flame." leave it to me.

btw: redesign (since i wasn't quite done): http://litescript.ch...ntz/splash.html

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Information Designer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 06:53 PM

First off, let me say, CHILL THE F*CK DOWN CHILD!

Next, let me say that there are many good site checkers who cannot design themselves, (blunted obviously not being one of them. Hey Blunted, tip-o-the-day: you wont get flamed if you post constructive critisism, rather than just plain criticism.)

Chill out petah, I'll talk to yo dogg and we'll work this design plan out into a masterpiece.

Later

[eko]

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• w3c fanatic

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 09:36 PM

Quote: from Quik on 5:20 am on Feb. 6, 2002

Quote: from BluntedbyNature on 11:30 pm on Feb. 5, 2002

I wouldnt say horribly, but it needs some work.. The first thing when I see 1px boarders is if they made em correctly.. And, you didn't.. you used CSS for them and thats bad! Instead, make 1big black table.. Insert another table inside with a spacing of 1.. create the inner bg white(or whatever) and it will create the same boarder but with tables

Why is using CSS for borders bad? CSS was made to customize everything on the page. Your way uses too much code, is not very functional, and makes it harder than using CSS! Just make that table have border: 1px; Then make the columns and rows have 0px borders. Easy.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 February 2002 - 10:00 PM

ok, skrilla, calm down. now, lets see, you posted your site check, you know, where people give you opinions, on your site. so just be aware of that when you post in here, some people may not like you site :shocked: yes i know its hard to believe, but it happens.

now, calm down, keep this about your site. and get over it. you can tell anybody else what you think about your sites, in their site checks, these boards arent for flaming.

this post may have been directed at skirll, but it goes for everyone, mmmmmmmmkay?

thank ya.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »