Future of Web Development?

What does the future of web application look like to you?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 3460 Views - Last Post: 20 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Future of Web Development?

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

yeah thats true. If it was the next best thing I dont suppose you would want anyone to know you are already working on it.....

Interesting you say one sign on place, I been thinking of something like that. It would make it neat if we had a webpage to go to and do all our daily web tasks from.... but as Moshambi said, the privacy issues could be a bitch....

I like watching those shows that show off the technology mainly from Japan, the technology coming out of that place is astonishing! Its really a view of the future Japan is.....

Just thought I'd share me thoughts. :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

Is it just me or does Google's O3d remind you of Jurassic park when she's cruising Linux to lock the doors against the Velociraptors?

I think Wave, when it becomes more developed and the general public become more developed (I think it's concept goes over most people's heads) will be the next big thing.

It integrates conversations, instant messaging, and email all in one spot. It also has a bunch of possibilities with the APIs. I liked the demo where someone updated their blog in real time using one of their waves. I think it will make things more instantaneous than they are now.

Most people are still stuck in the "I message you, you message me" scenario instead of the "Lets talk, I'll check for new messages, catch up, send you something, invite someone else in on it, chat for a bit" scenario. We do it naturally in everyday conversation so I don't see why it won't be the next big thing in web communication.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• if(coden4fun.NotTired){ ContinueToCode(); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:50 AM

@kiged007 damn, I just stole your idea.

I am more curious on what the future of web development is. I believe it will be faster, easier, more beautiful UI with n-tier frameworks, dynamic databases, dynamic data binding, variables, etc... and a bunch of developers using functional languages like Haskel, F#, etc...

This post has been edited by coden4fun: 15 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

View Postcoden4fun, on 15 Jan, 2010 - 09:50 AM, said:

@kiged007 damn, I just stole your idea.

lol, thief! :P well, let me know how you get on with it if you wouldnt mind? Im working on a similar project too, so would be cool to see what you come up with. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +