3 Replies - 3342 Views - Last Post: 11 January 2010 - 03:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Help with IRC ACTION command

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

Hi, well this is kind of embarrassing, it's my first question here :P but I've been writing an IRC bot lately and it's going well. But a friend suggested I add a "slap" command to it. Well I have no problem detecting the slap command and identifying who to slap. The problem comes in when I send in the text. Here's what I have:

"PRIVMSG " & Me.txtChan.Text & " :" & Chr(1) & "ACTION slaps " & slapUser & " around a bit with an over pixelated electronic trout! (Thanks to " & myNick & ")" & Chr(1) & vbCrLf

The result I get is:
*Nick slaps YourNick

It goes in as an action, but it doesn't seem to pass the rest of the string along. In my error console I get this: "Error: around is not a known command"

I've tried replacing "slapUser" with the Nick that is passed in through the form and it works fine. Also, "slapUser" doesn't seem to contain any invalid characters either. I'm stumped on how to get this work, but I know it can be done.

If anyone has any insight on how I can solve this, I would greatly appreciate it!

~Camo

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with IRC ACTION command

• 4+1=Moo
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with IRC ACTION command

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:56 AM

View PostCamoDeveloper, on 11 Jan, 2010 - 01:40 AM, said:

Hi, well this is kind of embarrassing, it's my first question here :P but I've been writing an IRC bot lately and it's going well. But a friend suggested I add a "slap" command to it. Well I have no problem detecting the slap command and identifying who to slap. The problem comes in when I send in the text. Here's what I have:

"PRIVMSG " & Me.txtChan.Text & " :" & Chr(1) & "ACTION slaps " & slapUser & " around a bit with an over pixelated electronic trout! (Thanks to " & myNick & ")" & Chr(1) & vbCrLf

The result I get is:
*Nick slaps YourNick

It goes in as an action, but it doesn't seem to pass the rest of the string along. In my error console I get this: "Error: around is not a known command"

I've tried replacing "slapUser" with the Nick that is passed in through the form and it works fine. Also, "slapUser" doesn't seem to contain any invalid characters either. I'm stumped on how to get this work, but I know it can be done.

If anyone has any insight on how I can solve this, I would greatly appreciate it!

~Camo

I have created a IRC Lib designed exactly for Bots. Im at school right now and Ill post it for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

Thanks, so is it like a reference?

~Camo
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 4+1=Moo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

View PostCamoDeveloper, on 11 Jan, 2010 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks, so is it like a reference?

~Camo

Yes, it is. I'll PM you with the details.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1