Visual Basic Ideas

Give me ideas in Visual basic

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 10222 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2010 - 03:58 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Visual Basic Ideas

Post icon  Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hello, I am VERY new to programming. I have just started like 2 weeks ago. I would like for you guys that read this to give me some ideas that I can make with Visual Basic. I am going to learn VB first then move on to Java, etc... But yea... Give me some ideas what Visual basic is able to make..... Also give me some ideas of what I can think of and make. I am a very beginner, so give me some ideas to make, but I can learn fast and smoothly. Thanks a lot

Ryan
:)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Visual Basic Ideas

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Visual Basic Ideas

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

Here's a list of project ideas, ranging from intermediate to advanced that you can try out! http://www.dreaminco...wtopic78802.htm

Have fun with it! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Visual Basic Ideas

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

I started with really simple games like 'Craps' or 'Tower of Hanoi'.
For Craps it was pretty easy to use MSpaint to make six 42 x 42 pixel white boxes with black dots. Six bitmap files, Black and White, are <2K each in size, one for each die face. Then randomly display them a few times for a few seconds (use timer) then show the correct roll. Make a scoreboard/sheet to keep track of your winnings (It is a betting game after all!). Always set a limit!! Checking for legal data/errors is about 1/3 of program code. Think ahead about routines that will be used more than once and make them a Sub. Use rememberable variable names.

Tower of Hanoi uses 3 pegs (or towers) and starts with 3 sizes. Get the basic program working then you can modify the program to let the player choose 4,5,6... however the old Chinese proverb used 9 so the number of turns grows exponentially. But, just to make the program handle multiple disk sizes is a fun challenge. Programming is just great fun. Now if only we could make a program that would go to work for us.....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1