Developing games for the Nintendo DS

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 4037 Views - Last Post: 04 March 2006 - 03:05 PM Rate Topic: -----

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

DS Devloping

Post icon  Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

My ARM-ELF-GCC compiler can compile ARM9 code for the DS...

Should I learn to develop for the DS now? What i'm asking is, is there anybody who has hacked the DS enough to tell me just about every part of the hardware there is so I can begin?

It's an interesting task... If you think there are experinced people who know the DS in and out, and have written easy to follow tutorials, please let me know where to find them... I've searched, but all I see are HELLO WORLD and banners asking for people to hack the DS and tell them how it works.

I want to access all the capabillities for the DS including the triangle buffer (I dunno if I have to write to buffers for 3D).

I've written old-school GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, and now I want to know if there is enough stuff out there for me to move on to DS developing.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: DS Devloping

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: DS Devloping

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:13 AM

well wolf i think ds has an sdk. search google and it supports GL ES so what this means is you must code opengl i think
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

Usually most consoles come with a developers kit , for programmers to have resources and tips on how to code for the console in question. Unfortunately they're usually quite a lot but if you work for a game design company they usually have them.
It might be worth spending the money if you're looking to sell your games or something.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

I guess the short answer for all that is yes, i'll go reasearch on writing DS code. If I have a register/memory map for the DS, I can write my own graphics library (like I did for GBA and GB).

Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1