Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostJoshAshbey, on 05 April 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

what does Int and Char mean?

Erm... int is sort for intimidate for when you have to set your variables ... straight with the back of your hand. And char means you have to put your computer on the barbecue in order to have access to the parameters you need for C++. lol

Sorry sad joke. I am a nub too. But I do know this one. int means integer. And char means character. And if you are at this stage of learning here's another one for you. A float is a number that has a decimal point in it. The term floating point basically refers to the fact that the position of the decimal point can be in any given position.

I believe that the above is true to my understanding if I have made an error please let me know.

View PostJoshAshbey, on 05 April 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

what does Int and Char mean?

Erm... int is short for intimidate for when you have to set your variables ... straight with the back of your hand. And char means you have to put your computer on the barbecue in order to have access to the parameters you need for C++. ha ha ha.

Sorry about the sad joke. I am a nub too. However, I do know this one.

int means integer.
char means character.

And if you are at this stage of learning here's another one for you. A

float is a number (integer aka int[\i]) that has a decimal point in it. The term [i]floating point basically refers to the fact that the position of the decimal point can be in any given position.

I believe that the above is true to my understanding if I have made an error please let me know.

Sorry for the double post it was meant to be an edit for the typo and I messed up the closing for italics too. Until I find out or someone tells me how to edit I will have to leave this horrid looking post alone.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

Thanks for the help, and all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hiiiiii dorknexus,

You Done Very Good Job.
You describe the concept of pointers in C++ and I also need to get the information about Pointers in C++ .
I search so many websites that discribe the concept of pointers but i don't understand the Concept of Pointers..
You Explain it very well ... I understand about the pointers in C++.
I hope you will Help me if I have any problem in any concept of C++ ..........
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

I have a question regarding the string/array portion. I get that we can use char *ptr = &str[0], but why do we print the string with cout<<ptr instead of cout<<*ptr? Don't we have to dereference to obtain the value?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +