How to convert voice file to binary files?

I am planning to do a project where the sound file has to be taken as

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 6427 Views - Last Post: 14 January 2010 - 08:17 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to convert voice file to binary files?

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

I am planning to do a project where the sound file has to be taken as input and converted into binary file so that it can be compared in a program and send an output to a parallel port from where the respective bulbs can burn.

for e.g.;
when red is said in the microphone, red bulb has to burn.

please help me with this!!!
It is urgent!!!!!

Thankx for reading!!!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to convert voice file to binary files?

• Using up all your 1's and 0's
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to convert voice file to binary files?

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:24 AM

What do you mean by binary file. What is your audio format? .wav is technically just a storage of a base sound file, uncompressed, so that would be binary. Everything that comes in is binary though, so you could look at any file byte by byte, just pieces of files won't work properly because they are compressed and they have things like file descriptions and footers and other things.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 g00se  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

What you're describing is 'voice recognition' - so google that in conjunction with Java
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:17 AM

Actually i am a student of bscit and i would like to do a project showing the function of AI. the idea is that the command will be given through microphone and the respective lights will burn. i do not have any basic idea about which software to use and in hardware level the respective chip is not available in our country, Nepal. so i am looking for a solution in software level. Anyway thanks a lot for your advice, and i will try. Please help me if you have any idea about it.

View PostTriggaMike, on 14 Jan, 2010 - 12:24 AM, said:

What do you mean by binary file. What is your audio format? .wav is technically just a storage of a base sound file, uncompressed, so that would be binary. Everything that comes in is binary though, so you could look at any file byte by byte, just pieces of files won't work properly because they are compressed and they have things like file descriptions and footers and other things.

Actually i am a student of bscit and i would like to do a project showing the function of AI. the idea is that the command will be given through microphone and the respective lights will burn. i do not have any basic idea about which software to use and in hardware level the respective chip is not available in our country, Nepal. so i am looking for a solution in software level. Anyway thanks a lot for your advice, and i will try. Please help me if you have any idea about it.

View Postg00se, on 14 Jan, 2010 - 02:25 AM, said:

What you're describing is 'voice recognition' - so google that in conjunction with Java

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1