5 Replies - 8416 Views - Last Post: 19 January 2010 - 11:02 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Export data from MySql to Excel file

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

Today I have a project that develop by php mysql that the project goal is to manage the maintenance system so I need to have Export data into Excell action that is action in the report section.
I'm not clearly from excell file and another file are the same or not so I need the web developer to help me you can share some advance or good code that can make me easy to use

thank you

if who have better answer and some code for me please send me by
removed
thank

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Export data from MySql to Excel file

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Export data from MySql to Excel file

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

Please don't ask to be directly contacted.

This is a programming community, & we can all learn by sharing problems & solutions. Did you even bother to search the forums for this situation? It's a commonly asked question.

This is not a drive through coding service. We are not here to serve you. We will offer to help though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

If you want to import/export between mySQL and Excel, I would recommend using Navicat for MySQL rather than coding your own solution. The product website is at http://www.navicat.c...l_overview.html and you can download a fully-working 30-day trial or order a copy. The product isn't 100% but is the best way I've found of switching between mySQL, Excel, Access etc etc. A copy for Windows costs $179 but they also have educational licenses.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

View Poste_bruton, on 18 Jan, 2010 - 10:10 AM, said:

If you want to import/export between mySQL and Excel, I would recommend using Navicat for MySQL rather than coding your own solution. The product website is at http://www.navicat.c...l_overview.html and you can download a fully-working 30-day trial or order a copy. The product isn't 100% but is the best way I've found of switching between mySQL, Excel, Access etc etc. A copy for Windows costs $179 but they also have educational licenses.

Thank you for your reply me this software I had already but I need the code solution that generate data from select sql and insert into excel file
I can write to text file, binary file, but I dont know how to write to excel because I don't know the structure of the excel file writing.So can you tell me more about the writing into excel file ok?It mean that my project using php with mysql, but the project need the link export to excel that show in report action.
Attached Image this the action that my project need
thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:24 AM

The closest you may get is to exporting to a csv file...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:02 AM

As batesy3k said, the closest you will get in terms of programming is a comma separated variable file (or .csv file) which can be opened and read by Excel and then, if necessary, saved as an Excel spreadsheet/file. In terms of code for importing a .csv file into mySQL, there are some helpful suggestions at How do I import delimited data into MySQL? PhpMyAdmin can export MySQL data as .csv files or even Excel files.

Does this answer your question?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1