2 Replies - 607 Views - Last Post: 16 January 2010 - 11:09 AM

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

The XNA challenge

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I know there are a lot of XNA programmers here. Would you guys/gals mind trying to make an entry in to the XNA challenge. So far there has been a lot of discuss but not much else. We really want to see what you could come up with. You don't have to write a complete game. You could just do something interesting with sprites, try doing something in 3D if you haven't before. Make a little demo or something. I will definitely try and have a few things posted in the challenge. Let's see what you can do.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The XNA challenge

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The XNA challenge

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

This is a personal challenge to all of you XNA programmers. I've seen once a challenge where a guy was challenged to write a game in 10 hours and the guy pulled it off. That is a little short and I know you all have busy lives. What I'm proposing is that you, as well as me, try and write a game over the weekend. You don't have to have stellar graphics or soundtracks, you can use stick figures and colored boxes if you like. Check out the Game Resources thread in the Game Programming forum for all sorts of free resources for your game if you are really worried about the look of your game.

The purpose here is to try something new, something you haven't tried before. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment but it will be something I haven't tried before.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The XNA challenge

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:09 AM

Count me in :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -