optimising a website

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 968 Views - Last Post: 19 January 2010 - 10:21 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

optimising a website

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

i am working on a new website as of now it has only 1 page and before i make the site live in terms of getting links to my website would it be a good idea to create an account in major websites like facebook, twitter and other social networking sites and in the profile page if i have a link pointing to my website from my profile page on these networking sites, will this help search engines find my website quickly as compared to if i did not have a link. also once the website is created it will have at least 15 pages and as i site grows there will be more pages, as of now its 1 page because its under construction

using the word site followed by domain name we can find which pages a search engine has indexed of a particular website like
site:www.domain.com also using the link we can find the total number of links that are pointing to a specific website, so i used
link: www.domain.com and link:www.domain.com but i guess this is not the correct syntax

can anyone tell me the exact syntax to find out how many links are pointing to a website

thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: optimising a website

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: optimising a website

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

Links from profiles will not help you. How much can you advance from 3 links (that may even be NOFOLLOW ones) . Focus on quality and fresh content and build links consistently from relevant sites.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: optimising a website

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:21 AM

The more content and and regular updates can make a huge difference. Google measures links coming in to build a page rank however your rank is based off of the average quality of outgoing links. In order to get a high page rank you should be after quality content and having other blogs post and link to it. The bigger the blog the better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1