Building Site

Would you go to this site?

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1139 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2001 - 09:42 AM

• w3c fanatic

• View blog

Building Site

Posted 14 August 2001 - 06:46 PM

I used to have a homestead website called Nintendo Boards, what it did was allow webmasters of N64 and NES and SNES sites to post their URLs with a description of the site.  Also it had Nintendo Forums that were pretty popular.  It sported a free banner exchange and a member page.  It had tons of other stuff like polls and more.  When I was going to expand to include all gaming consoles/platforms homestead cut it's services.  I am now a more experienced coder and am using IkonBoards and PHP, PERL, and CGI to create some awesome dynamic content.  Also you wouldn't have to become a member to post on the forums.  (this is so you don't get your dream.in.code password mixed up with ours, much respect to d.i.c)  It's called Gaming Boards, but I don't know if this idea seems too unorigional (IkonBoards needs spellcheck) because of the forums.  But that's what made the homestead site pretty successful.  Need some feedback!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Building Site

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Building Site

Posted 14 August 2001 - 07:03 PM

#Moderation Mode

Moved here

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Building Site

Posted 28 August 2001 - 09:42 AM

Mate, it doesn't matter how original or unoriginal, so long as you make sure your site is the BEST in terms of content and participation. You have to draw your crowds in - some subtle advertising (perhaps in IRC rooms, free banner exchanges but hide the banner that you put on your page in an invisible layer heehee etc etc) wouldn't go amiss.

Who knows - I might even visit it. :)]

Chris Woods

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1