2 Replies - 1683 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Multiple File Downloads--NOT FTP

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:08 AM

We're looking to implement FTP as a service for a particular group of folks at work (who are not all technologically gifted). I've researched quite a few of the FTP programs that are out there; some of them allowing you to download multiple files at once (often through a batch process), and most of them costing.

It made me realize that there's GOT to be a way to code the same type of process off a regular HTML page (using ColdFusion or Javascript) whereby the visitor could select the files they want to download, and then click the download button to "get" those particular files (sort of a fancy FTP thing, but not an FTP interface). If I make this particular group of people download their files one at a time, I may lose my job ;)

Has anyone ever seen something like this or know of a way to do this? I'd like to implement if possible vs. having to buy some POS FTP program. Much Grass.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Multiple File Downloads--NOT FTP

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Multiple File Downloads--NOT FTP

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

View PostSpeechist, on 9 Mar, 2006 - 12:08 AM, said:

We're looking to implement FTP as a service for a particular group of folks at work (who are not all technologically gifted). I've researched quite a few of the FTP programs that are out there; some of them allowing you to download multiple files at once (often through a batch process), and most of them costing.

It made me realize that there's GOT to be a way to code the same type of process off a regular HTML page (using ColdFusion or Javascript) whereby the visitor could select the files they want to download, and then click the download button to "get" those particular files (sort of a fancy FTP thing, but not an FTP interface). If I make this particular group of people download their files one at a time, I may lose my job ;)

Has anyone ever seen something like this or know of a way to do this? I'd like to implement if possible vs. having to buy some POS FTP program. Much Grass.

I have a similar issue, did you find a solution?

Thanks,
Evan
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Multiple File Downloads--NOT FTP

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

View PostEvan, on 4 Sep, 2007 - 11:26 AM, said:

View PostSpeechist, on 9 Mar, 2006 - 12:08 AM, said:

I have a similar issue, did you find a solution?

Thanks,
Evan

I think thats why he is here, to find the solution.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1