10 Replies - 925 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New to webdesigning, need editor Help

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

Hi,
I'm tryin to desing a website without having the knowledge of any coding or programming. I've tried using coffeecup, dreamweaver, MS Publisher, etc. But they all require coding knowledge. Is there any application which i can use to create a fully functional website? I've a few templates also but i'm unaware of any usage of this. Any advise would be good for me.
Regards.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New to webdesigning, need editor Help

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New to webdesigning, need editor Help

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

View Postdilipramadas, on 20 Jan, 2010 - 01:16 AM, said:

I'm tryin to desing a website without having the knowledge of any coding or programming.

...why? Why would you want to get into development, but not learn how to do it for yourself? It's only going to lead to frustration when it doesn't work correctly.

To answer your question no. There is no WISIWYG style editor that allows you to know NOTHING of code. & the ones that you have listed... you can always tell a site when someone used something to do all the dirty work for them. Anything worth doing, is worth understanding & doing correctly. If you are serious about getting into web development, then take the time to learn the language(s) correctly. It'll pay off in the long run. If you are trying to short cut, then you'll hit the wall rather quickly & loose interest. Just from my experience.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#3 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:31 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 20 Jan, 2010 - 02:18 AM, said:

...why?

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

ok.. i've been busy trying to learn a few tricks of coding... I've common sense HTML, and i've been trying to learn PHP, but the problem is i didn't get any better at it :(
if there is a php tutorials please let me know of it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

View Postdilipramadas, on 24 December 2010 - 12:37 AM, said:

ok.. i've been busy trying to learn a few tricks of coding... I've common sense HTML, and i've been trying to learn PHP, but the problem is i didn't get any better at it :(

php isn't too difficult. With the exception of the memorization of a few functions, I've learned the majority of php in two weeks through reading and trial and error(on my site). If you can handle basic algebra, you should be just fine with php. I know it's dry but, once you learn it, the pay off is great!

A great tutorial for php is: http://www.thenewbos...&pOpen=tutorial
It's just a canadian kid who basically shows how to make a full running game. But, it can be helpful in learning may parts of php. Also, try phpacademy on youtube.

But, please keep in mind that learning php will not supply a sufficient GUI. So, you'll need to learn some CSS so that your site is appealing.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Start out small. Learn HTML and CSS first. You can look at some awesome HTML and CSS tutorials in the HTML and CSS tutorial section on this brilliant forum. You could also go to w3schools.com. Which is a very good website for learning web scripting/markup languages. TheNewBoston is awesome. I'm following his Java tutorials! I hope this helps you.

This post has been edited by EnvXOwner: 24 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#7 Guest_bytlan*

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Look up Serif WebPlus. Most any version is pretty simple to use with out allot of back ground knowledge. They do really like you to use the host systems they have to add extra control features they mention in the supplied books.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

Let me first start off by saying: if you want create websites, take the time to learn how to do it correctly.

Here is a good free editor for people with absolutely no coding knowledge, but will help you learn the language as you chug along. Amaya Editor

Also here is a GREAT beginners guide to web development (Free to download or read online). From HTML/CSS to PHP/MySQL that is easy to read and follow with no experience necessary.

The Web Book
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

You should try Aptana which is based off of Eclipse. It's awesome. It's what I use now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:26 AM

Learn the basics B4 you get into PHP witch isnt hard but you wont know how to do anything else if you dont get HTML and CSS down first then work your way into scripting thats how i did it and im pretty good at this stuff for teaching myself.

View PostEnvXOwner, on 03 January 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

You should try Aptana which is based off of Eclipse. It's awesome. It's what I use now.

Aptana any good man i downloaded it but didnt take the time to explore it yet....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

View PostSadin56, on 04 January 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

Learn the basics B4 you get into PHP witch isnt hard but you wont know how to do anything else if you dont get HTML and CSS down first then work your way into scripting thats how i did it and im pretty good at this stuff for teaching myself.

View PostEnvXOwner, on 03 January 2011 - 04:44 PM, said:

Aptana any good man i downloaded it but didnt take the time to explore it yet....

Yeah. It takes a while to get used to though. I, having used Eclipse, is a little easier.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1