7 Replies - 78469 Views - Last Post: 20 January 2010 - 10:20 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Netbeans vs Eclipse

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

Okay...i am a beginner in java and i have found some of the names like netbeans and eclipse.....i wanted to know:-
(1)What is netbeans or eclipse?
(2)What purpose they are used for?
(3)What is the difference between netbeans IDE and eclipse??

i know i ask too many question but what can i do.....i'm loving java and i wanted to know each and every small thing used in it!!!! :crazy:

Thanx

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Netbeans vs Eclipse

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Netbeans vs Eclipse

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:18 AM

read here : ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

I think you should google the difference between in them
but personally I think that you should not use them if you are a beginner in Java
for being a good programmer in java , syntax and the naming conventions are also needed to be perfect so if possible try simple text editors
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:24 AM

yeah...currently iam using notepad for writing java programs.......the question was just out of curiosity that i asked that question...:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• No idea why my code works
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:39 AM

Didnt you start another thread about this? I swear I read something like this earlier. Regardless, They are full IDEs and they are a real time saver for professionals but a crutch for beginners, you will get so much more out of your Java learnings if you stick w/ JCreator, or Notepad++. All you need is syntax highlighting (well you dont need it, but god is it nice).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

View Postpdkharkar, on 20 Jan, 2010 - 03:59 AM, said:

but personally I think that you should not use them if you are a beginner in Java
for being a good programmer in java , syntax and the naming conventions are also needed to be perfect so if possible try simple text editors

No one is perfect in Java... or anything, as a matter of fact... you can always improve and can always do something more efficiently and faster. If you're a coder and you get to a point where you say that you can't do anything better than you're already doing, you fall behind and someone will eventually step up and take your place. This is the same with anything whether its sports, jobs, coding, etc. You can -always- improve yourself. Keep that in mind.

- Zach

This post has been edited by Simple_Condolences: 20 January 2010 - 07:58 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• No idea why my code works
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

View PostSimple_Condolences, on 20 Jan, 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

View Postpdkharkar, on 20 Jan, 2010 - 03:59 AM, said:

But why not go ahead and use an IDE? Why restrict yourself to a text editor(assuming you're referring to things like Wordpad and Microsoft Office Word when they can't compile and check for errors that you yourself may not see? Not to mention a word editor can't run code to check for runtime errors and throw exceptions when they arise.

The point is, he needs to learn the language. He needs to learn what the compiler errors are, and what happens when his code is wrong. These IDE do so much to take care of and fix all of it, he will never get the opportunity to learn whats happening. The best way to learn is by fixing your mistakes. Also its not that bad that a text editor cant compile a program (besides i think you can setup both Jcreator and Notepad++ to compile and run) unless im working with many files, i usually just compile through the command prompt anyway.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

okay.....thanx everyone :^: for giving the answers and solving my queries patiently.......i think i should continue using notepad then slowly shift towards the edit plus because while using IDE i may not get the idea why i got a follwing error or how to solve that error and those problems will be solved by using notepad.I want to learn java completely as one of our friend mentioned that you cannnot be expert in java ....u are very true bro...we can't be experts but i wanted to learn everything in java...iam just a beginner and in programming u can never be expert and i dont want to be an expert i want to learn something new each and every time....as famously said by steve jobs "Stay foolish and stay hungry"

So, i would like to thank all of you for solving my query and thank god i found this forum...where i can get so many wonderful and helpful friends and i love this forum :).

Okay guys enough of speech lets get back to business which we all love PROGRAMMING :)

Take Care :) :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1