C/C++ SDL game dev 'lounge' / talk

for those who are doing this alone

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1293 Views - Last Post: 23 January 2010 - 09:02 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

C/C++ SDL game dev 'lounge' / talk

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

:ph34r: Ninjas are better then pirates

Hi evarywun! Firstly how yall going?
Last night i was thinking about deving in gerneral and thought it would be a good idea to get the msn's of fellow SDL developers just to generally have a chat to about progress, problems or solutions to ideas, or best way of implimenting something. As of roughly 5 minutes ago, i thought of making a msn 'lounge' or convo where a few or even just one of us, can get together and just talk about SDL.

the reason i thought of this was because i'm deving on my own, noone in my family that i know of is a hobby programmer like me, nor do i have any friends with the same interest. The closest one i have is one that uses GameMaker, but ive in a way out grown it, and he doesnt use it often anymore. I thought it would be good not only for me, but for others who are also doing it alone and would like to just talk to someone/peoples about their progress or predicament, as ive wished i had someone else i could just go up to and say "SDL" and then just talk about whatever the hell came to mind. Ive just wanted to be able to talk to someone about it.

I know there are wiked forums like this, elysian shadows, and many others, but the replys arent as instant, and your own replys arent instant, which is why i thought of usng msn.

phew, this is long. Ok, in a nutshell - if you want to help, or give help or just generally talk aout game development, even if your not using SDL, if your are at all interested, add me: behalter@hotmail.com
and lets just start this. BTW: behalter isnt something gay or corney like the domenator, it means water container in german =] Anyway, thanks guys for reading, sorry its long, and thanks in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C/C++ SDL game dev 'lounge' / talk

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C/C++ SDL game dev 'lounge' / talk

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:25 AM

Hi

I would like to chat sbout SDL but I would rather keep it to the forums, maybe this topic should just become a place to chat about what you mentioned, perhaps it will.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Why just SDL?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:00 AM

I have never used SDL before, but I have used Direct X. But besides that, I would love to discuss general game deving. Or possibly I might be able to learn some SDL :)

Although, like stayscrisp, I would rather keep it in the forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:02 AM

I think discussing general game dev is the point of the game programming forum, what the OP wants is a place to discuss a language and approach specific to what he is developing, this thread could quite easily do that :)

Anyone got any SDL questions or issues?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1