• +
  • Last »

45 Replies - 2353 Views - Last Post: 26 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

American Drug War

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:43 PM

I recently caught wind of this documentary, and at first glance, thought nothing of it since i don't do drugs. But I've always seen nothing wrong with marijuana, when done in moderation. Last night I had nothing to do, so i decided to give it a shot, as i love any form of documentary. Simply because they are awesome. This documentary goes into all aspects of the American drug war, and actually makes me feel sympathy for those addicted to drugs. They say that it is easy for people to get help for drug addictions, as i had always thought, but this documentary kind of puts those people in their place by stating the simple fact that rehabilitation centers cost money. Money that drug addicts don't have.

The Documentary

Don't worry, it isn't pirated, i did some research and found that this is a free video intended for education purposes, but you can donate to the cause if you feel compelled to do so after watching. Please don't go into watching this documentary with any bias. Try to have an open mind, and think outside of the box.

EDIT: Please move to Heated Topics, my stupid self posted it in the caffine lounge. Thanks!

This post has been edited by optix212: 22 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: American Drug War

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Re: American Drug War

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

A war on drugs is a war on personal freedom.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

View Postoptix212, on 22 Jan, 2010 - 02:43 PM, said:

I recently caught wind of this documentary, and at first glance, thought nothing of it since i don't do drugs. But I've always seen nothing wrong with marijuana, when done in moderation. Last night I had nothing to do, so i decided to give it a shot, as i love any form of documentary. Simply because they are awesome. This documentary goes into all aspects of the American drug war, and actually makes me feel sympathy for those addicted to drugs. They say that it is easy for people to get help for drug addictions, as i had always thought, but this documentary kind of puts those people in their place by stating the simple fact that rehabilitation centers cost money. Money that drug addicts don't have.

The Documentary

Don't worry, it isn't pirated, i did some research and found that this is a free video intended for education purposes, but you can donate to the cause if you feel compelled to do so after watching. Please don't go into watching this documentary with any bias. Try to have an open mind, and think outside of the box.

EDIT: Please move to Heated Topics, my stupid self posted it in the caffine lounge. Thanks!

@ the underlined part - hence why stopping drug addiction before it starts is a good thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

View PostTheaegd, on 22 Jan, 2010 - 02:00 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

This post has been edited by KYA: 22 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC Tease
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

Awesome! Thank you for this link!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Baller
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostTheaegd, on 22 Jan, 2010 - 01:00 PM, said:

If by personal freedom you mean the freedom to be a junky and steal my stuff to afford a fix then it sure is.

This post has been edited by SpeedisaVirus: 22 January 2010 - 02:32 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

There is difference between drugs in general and addictive what-the-fuck drugs like meth.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

If you actually watch the documentary, you would see that all of your anti-drug addict opinions are the result of the government trying to manipulate you into thinking that. Also, you cannot win a war against something that can be grown in your own back yard. Please, just watch the documentary BEFORE flaming. Then, if you have an opinion, i will accept it, other than that, i am not interested in negative opinions.

Holland has the least amount of drug addictions in the world (if you don't know, Holland is the country in which Amsterdam is in).

@theaegd - Epic win. You are totally correct.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

View Postoptix212, on 22 Jan, 2010 - 03:56 PM, said:

If you actually watch the documentary, you would see that all of your anti-drug addict opinions are the result of the government trying to manipulate you into thinking that. Also, you cannot win a war against something that can be grown in your own back yard. Please, just watch the documentary BEFORE flaming. Then, if you have an opinion, i will accept it, other than that, i am not interested in negative opinions.

Holland has the least amount of drug addictions in the world (if you don't know, Holland is the country in which Amsterdam is in).

@theaegd - Epic win. You are totally correct.

Oh dear god. Really? So we are not talking all drugs, just pot?

Can you please explain the logic chain in this "all of your anti-drug addict opinions are the result of the government trying to manipulate you into thinking that" ?

Your OP provided the best argument against it - see my post under that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

The government warps people ideas about how bad some drugs are. Meth, coke, etc. are dumbfuck drugs. But do the research and pot, while maybe not a smart thing to do, isnt all bad.

The government spends millions each year arresting non-violent pot smokers, while they could be using that money killing terrorists or arresting gang members. If they taxed and legalized pot, the government would actually MAKE money instead of lose it, considering our governments massive debt.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Also, you cannot win a war against something that can be grown in your own back yard.

The government warps people ideas about how bad some drugs are. Meth, coke, etc. are dumbfuck drugs. But do the research and pot, while maybe not a smart thing to do, isnt all bad.

So, you support heroin? Also, just saw the second quote: HAHAHAHHAHA.

Heroin:
Posted Image

Cocaine:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 22 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

Alright.. so far all these points were brought up and ended with the 'legalize pot' debate in the heated topics. Unless something new shows up I am going to stay out of this general crap shoot.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 22 Jan, 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:

Also, you cannot win a war against something that can be grown in your own back yard.

So, you support heroin?

i don't support heroin. i support people's rights to use it if they want to. doesn't bother me none.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• CTO
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

Since I lean far toward libertarianism I don't care what people screw, eat, drink, smoke, or inject so long as they don't infringe on the liberties of myself or others. On the other hand I do object to spending so much tax money trying to stop people from exercising what should be their legal right and then spending even MORE money by housing them in jail when we catch them doing it anyway. WTF? Would it cost more to try to legalize, regulate, tax, and then attempt to rehabilitate people who have problems (AA/NA? Hello?)? Not likely. But I guarantee that if you put someone in jail on a possession charge you are increasing the likelihood that they will go back to drugs and possibly crime because you just made it a lot harder for them to get a job because of their police record. I'm not saying that excuses them to make bad decisions, but I'm a realist and I know it happens. I'm acquainted to an intelligent person who made a mistake in college, got a possession charge on his record, and has been turned down for jobs 10 years later because of it. Luckily this guy is an intelligent and resourceful professional, so it hasn't caused too much hardship. But a lesser person might not be so lucky and might become part of the subclass of revolving door "criminals" the war on drugs has created and who are a huge drain on society.

@Theaegd: You're spot on. It's also a waste of money and time. We Americans are big on trying to treat symptoms rather than getting at the root causes of societal ills. It's a bit like trying to steer a boat using its wake.

Edit: re-reading my post it sounds like my anecdote about this "guy" I know is a euphemism for me. It's not.

This post has been edited by Programmist: 22 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

So, you support heroin?

heroine cant be grown in your backyard. It has morphine and many other things in it, not just a plant.

But I do not support addictive or permanently mind altering drugs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »