10 Replies - 9122 Views - Last Post: 18 March 2013 - 12:00 AM Rate Topic: -----

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

ColdFusion Roll Call

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

Are you a ColdFusion developer? Do you have some projects you have made or maybe you already have a job in the ColdFusion development field?

Share your experiences with us, so we could include you in the list of ColdFusion developers here on Dream.In.Code!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ColdFusion Roll Call

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: ColdFusion Roll Call

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

I have been developing ColdFusion for about 2 years. Lately I have been taking somewhat of a break from ColdFusion to learn some client side jQuery development, and am loving it. Most of my ColdFusion development in the past has been websites. Currently my company is working on a Social Networking CRM site (www.yoodeler.com). Pretty soon we will be opening it to the public and allowing sign ups.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

I am a CF dev. I have done pretty much nothing but CF since around 1999 or so (about 11 years now). Since Allaire's 3.1 version of CF, in fact.

Over the years I've built:
  • an app to rate long haul hazardous materials trucking insurance underwriting
  • a document management application
  • a K-12 grading metrics and reporting application
  • a proprietary content management system used by a major internet presence
  • an app to organize grass roots political campaigns
  • an invoice tracking, routing and approval system

I've seen CF go from Allaire to Macromedia to Adobe. I've used all the CF engines (from 3.1 through 8) as well as BlueDragon and Railo. I've watched CF go from the hot new thing to the old has been thing back and back to stabilize somewhere in the middle.

This post has been edited by Craig328: 29 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

I am officially a Cold Fusion developer now. Well, that's the platform my full time employer is embedded into. Only been messing with it a week, but already have a project in production. Pretty sure it will break though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

New to web dev past few weeks. Explored plain HTML, ASP.net, and now ColdFusion. ColdFusion and Dreamweaver just gave me the most frustrating 3 days ever! Finally got past most issues and have one working page so far. Now have to grok Spry widgets. Maybe someday I'll actually understand what I'm doing well enough to ask an intelligible question here!?!:wacko:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

I've been messing with CF since it was part of the MX studio package. I've mainly used it for websites and applications for a Final fantasy XI gaming fan site. This is my hobby as I'm in Health care but I've really enjoyed it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

I'm a ColdFusion developer currently working for the State of Florida. I have 3-4 years experience working with ColdFusion 7 - 9; however, lately I've been taking a break to get a better handle on Javascript capabilities (AJAX & jQuery) and expand my horizons to PHP. Our premiere ColdFusion project is the Florida State Parks web site.

This post has been edited by cyb1n: 19 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

I have been a ColdFusion developer for the past 10+ years and love working with it. I transitioned from VB into CF because I simply enjoyed working with it. I have worked on several applications from simple web sites to medical applications to school testing apps. I have added technologies including JQuery, Ajax and Flex along the way and simply grown to enjoy my work more. The power, flexability and ease of creating applications is comparable to none and I don't think I will ever leave CF.

In my current position I have started working with c# and although it is currently very popular, I am not at all crazy about it. The dynamics I can get out of CF far outweigh the popularity of a bloated, over rated, buggy technology. It may be my limited experience with it, only 3 months, but I much prefer CF.

I have watched CF grow from little Alaire, through Macromeda, to Adobe and seen its abilities flourish through the years. I have attended many CFUnited conferences and met some of the prominent members of the CF comunity there, all of whom are friendly and willing to assist in any way they can. I find the community to be more like a family than a group of programmers using a particular technology.

Long Live CF!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

I have been developing CF web apps since 1996...so I've been around for a few iterations. I really enjoy working in CF as it's about all I know! I've used some Javascript of course and have programmed with SQL Server and Oracle databases. I've published about 65 applications during this time for one employer for multiple purposes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

I have over 15+ years experience, as a Sr. IT Analyst and Freelance Developer Working in lead positions with various high energy companies, and Marketing Firms Developing enterprise level applications and e-comm apps in ColdFusion including CF and Flex integration.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

With over 8 years of experience in coldfusion development, we are one of the most experienced, efficient and cost effective coldfusion development companies in world. We have developed custom applications for a variety of industries including health care, nursing and staffing, eCommerce, education, non profit organizations, restaurants, entertainment, office equipments and supplies, life style and others industries.

We work on Railo CF (upto version 3) and Adobe CF (upto version 10), worked across various frameworks such as coldbox, fuse box, CF Wheels , Model-glue, Mach-II,Coldspring and more..

This post has been edited by Craig328: 29 March 2013 - 12:42 PM
Reason for edit:: Removed promotional links/references.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1