Perl Roll Call

• (2 Pages)
  • +

16 Replies - 18704 Views - Last Post: 16 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Perl Roll Call

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

I have been using Perl for about six years, the company I work for bought Telelogic Synergy (now part of the IBM Rational toolset).
Perl is great tool for working with Synergy and I have written many scripts, now I am working on getting data out of the database and populating Excel spreadsheets which I am pleased with.
I want to be part of this forum, but cannot devote much time due to other commitments.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Perl Roll Call

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

I've been programming since 1982. I started programming in Perl in 1996 while working tech support at Internet Direct Inc. It got me a promotion to Admin and I continued to use Perl as one of my favorite tools for many system administration jobs.

I've written a hokey mp3 player in perl (uses Tk, File::Find and Win32::MediaPlayer on windows) Regex search for mp3's is fun. One day I intend to add Play, Pause and Stop buttons to it, but for now, toggling a song on/off by clicking a song in the listbox works.

I'm currently learning OpenGL with Perl. I found a really good example of using multiple textures in a scene from a cube demo on Perlmonks, but it did a couple things that caused memory leaks (one tiny, one enormous, but an obvious fix) so I had to figure out how to work around that. Took a couple days... I've been looking at some horrendous chat server code I cobbled together I think before 2005. I was much more clever back then... Piecing together how to import models made in Blender is proving to be a nice challenge.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +