• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

50 Replies - 9018 Views - Last Post: 17 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Web Developers Roll Call

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:12 AM

I'm one year into a career change from law to web development. I am best with HTML and CSS, but have been picking up PHP, Javascript and a bit of jQuery (DOM traversal is just so much more fun in jQ). I'm also learning the art of templating in WordPress.

http://www.jordanlouis.ca/ - My personal website, for which I'm working on a new WP template.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

I've been making websites for the last 2 years and have recently started doing paid work. I have a deep love for AJAX due to having had a very slow internet connection for a few years :D. Despite that, I consider myself a relative novice - at least compared to the many experts around here.

I'm looking forward to getting more involved with these forums again. If anyone has any questions regarding PHP, Javascript, MySQL and the like, feel free to PM me ;)

This post has been edited by Cbeppe: 19 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

I guess I've been hanging around long enough to jump in here. I'm a relatively new web developer, much more proficient at the development than the design. I currently work for a design engineering firm, doing web application development and maintenance. My HTML/CSS/Javascript are pretty solid (for my experience level), and I'm trying to build up my ASP.NET chops.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's That Guy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

I've been developing web sites for awhile. Even though my major is comp sci, web development is a hobby of mine and works as a great freelance job while in college. I do web development and mainly use PHP, though I have to adjust to what the employer in question has, so i've worked on ASP and other technologies as well. Seems now that most of my work is for CMS systems though.

I'm an old school web developer, so I don't use IDEs, only notepad++. I took a web development class in college just cause and in a class full of dreamweaver users, no one knew how to handle me. It was kind of funny. I ended up having a really good relationship with that teacher and teaching half the class.

Anyways, Thought i'd throw my 2cents in as a web developer. Hidey-Ho!

This post has been edited by ccubed: 02 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

I am a web developer. Not great with design, but working on that. Started work in web development in december 2011
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

I am a Web Developer, using HTML, CSS, Javascript, and with some minor experience in PHP/MySQL (pretty familiar with T-SQL). I work as an Application Developer by day, and after I return from the gym in the evening, I work on Clients Website requests, updates, etc, and my own pet projects B) Typically my clients want something completely custom, so I build them anything they wish as long as they are willing to pay my rate. If it is possible for me to meet with them on-site, I also do my own photography, which all have really been impressed by.

Tools I use regularly:
Dreamweaver: LOVE being able to split-screen and see my code and it's resulting changes on the same viewpoint.
Photoshop: Always trying to improve.
Picasa: Fantastic 'Export to Folder' Option enabling you to move/resize a massive amount of photos in one shot.
Notepad++: I think everyone understands this one :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First