Best beginner's book

frustrated with thinking in java 4th edition

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

125 Replies - 160396 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2015 - 04:56 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Best beginner's book

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 24 June 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

@manisha mulchandani: Please don't post links to illegal downloads. I've remove the link in your post.

What do you mean by illegal download?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#122 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

The download link you provided was for pirated copies of the books. It's unethical and illegal to share that link.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#123 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

Actually, I may have jumped the gun on removing that link. , I do apologize for jumping the gun on that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

Whats a good book that will list every piece of code like something in a dictionary?

Like it will explain everything like public, static, void and how to use them and when to apply them and what string srgs is...

I am watching a YouTube video that explains everything nicely...except he doesn't plan to tell us what they mean until later...my problem is I feel kinda of blind sited if I don't have any details of what it does or how to use it or why it's being used...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

Just out of curiosity, are the videos you're watching "The New Bostons"? I remember following his last year and was left with nothing but a lot of confusion and unanswered questions. I commend him on his efforts and time dedicated to making them though.

A book I really enjoyed was "Head First: Java". In fact, because it's been so long since I coded I think I'll skim through it again just to catch back up! As far as a dictionary type book I'm not sure. The Java's online documentation seems really helpful: https://docs.oracle....avase/tutorial/

Best of luck to you!

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 23 August 2015 - 06:25 PM
Reason for edit:: Removed previous quote, just press REPLY

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostChieve, on 19 August 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Whats a good book that will list every piece of code like something in a dictionary?

Like it will explain everything like public, static, void and how to use them and when to apply them and what string srgs is...

I am watching a YouTube video that explains everything nicely...except he doesn't plan to tell us what they mean until later...my problem is I feel kinda of blind sited if I don't have any details of what it does or how to use it or why it's being used...

I don't think it would be particularly useful to find a book that listed the keywords and how/where they're used. You'll learn how those things are used when you see them in context. I suppose it's a bit like learning to speak - you weren't given a dictionary and told to learn what "the", "then", "where", etc. meant for example; instead you learned how to use them by, well, using them. Find a decent book that teaches you the language. As pointed out in one of your previous threads, the videos you're learning from don't seem to be particularly good.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First