www.pheerx.net

• (3 Pages)
  • +

37 Replies - 2923 Views - Last Post: 07 August 2003 - 04:34 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New Site

Posted 13 January 2002 - 06:31 PM

the site is no where near done.. check it out tho the graphics are done.. needs some more work tho any help with the site is very appreciated! thanx....

http://www.pheerx.net

-Sphearion
ohh btw : plz post in the forum!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New Site

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New Site

Posted 13 January 2002 - 06:36 PM

I'd use a different tag to embed that in your page because all I get when I go is a blank white page (on a mac in IE5).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 06:38 PM

and what tag would you use then? cause I have no clue!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• You wish you were my hand!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 06:50 PM

you didnt make that... you got that from a site.. its one of those templete things... dont take credit for it man
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:01 PM

blunted not to start a heated arguement but yes the accual layout of the site is a free template
do you Copyright 2002 pheerx.net anywhere on the site..???
anyways I did do the flash and am personally working on a new layout
:)
no hard feelings
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:04 PM

So why not just create something that is TOTALLY your own? I mean, I dont want a heated debate either, but to call yourself a designer means that you have to be ALL original. There isnt one thing on MY site that is NOT made by me. I feel proud of that that I didnt have to rely on anything or anyone else.

And to tell you the truth, I really dont like the layout that you copied either. Its too plain and blah.

Josh Dura

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• You wish you were my hand!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:04 PM

i didnt mean to be mean about it, just the way you stated it

the site is no where near done.. check it out tho the graphics are done

it makes it sound like you were saying that you made the graphics in which case i was saying that it was from a free templete and not to take credit for it... but come on you got to admit that the way you said that it sounded like you said you made them

(Edited by BluntedbyNature at 6:59 pm on Dec. 31, 1969)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:05 PM

Other than fonts, I used other peoples fonts :D

Josh Dura

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:06 PM

*doesn't read other posts*

Well, first off... that's not your design... so that leaves the content... I was honestly not drawn to the content so I didn't even read it... which means you need to lose the design you got from http://www.guistuff.com/ and come up with something that actually suits your content.

The entire point of asking for a site check would be to gain insite on ways to improve your own design... since this isn't your design, I can't really comment further.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:07 PM

no problem man.. I just wanted to clear up the fact that I know and am willing to admit I did not make the gfx for the site only the flash intro
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:12 PM

Well... ####... I don't know what to say bout the intro other than it loaded quickly!? *chuckles*

It's very short, seems to serve no purpose... it doesn't introduce an idea, theme (if it actually matched your stolen design then I could maybe give you a little positive feedback), product, or service... so what's the point of the intro other than to davel in flash and say you 'can use it(????)'

I think the best thing for you to do is come up with something from scratch, don't open a browser when you design, only photoshop and flash... that keeps all other outside 'influences' out and only your original ideas in :)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:18 PM

In addition to my previous suggestions, you need to use very high contrast (not headache causing, but easy to read) colors... such as white and black, but honestly... black pushes people away, white draws them in... so does color... I'll use this site (dream.in.code) as an example, there are 3 colors, white, grey, and orange... just that little splash of color makes a WORLD of difference, try something with brown (thinks brown is a good color to work with) white, and black... or something like that, but utilize white-space... all black/dark grey is yucky and makes me think I'm at a gaming site where I am going to kill people... white draws me in makes me interested... just how the human eye works man :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:22 PM

yes skyhawk I do kinda consider that flash daveling considering the fact it is my 1st flash I think more good could come out of it then bad.. that is why my next update of the site will be completely flash.. as soon as I learn a little more activescript.. the real problems come when you also consider the only time I really have to work on the site are on the weekends, because of work, school and the new baby in the house.. I really don't get a whole lot of time to just sit here where I would like to be all the time drinking coffee and working on websites.. stolen gfx or not I sincerly believe that since the whole sites existance depends on the users that everyone should have something to say whether good or bad I will take it into consideration on the next update.. Pheerx.net is basically an information repository much like </dic> however it will also server few other purposes that will be highlited in future versions of the site... I am still learning much of what is on the site as far as gfx - flash and php go just cause this is my first site that was not taken over by ad banners and accually have the freedom to use the things I have only seen in action over the course of the last 11 years on the internet I have seen the internet evolve it is kinda striking when you sit back and remember a time b-4 yahoo and b-4 google and I can honestly remember when e-bay was just an Idea so as you can tell from my ramblings everything has to evolve and like they say you have to learn how to crawl before you can walk..
thanx for the input on the site...
-sphearion
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:26 PM

Ok man, stolen gfx aside, the point we are trying to bring across here is the fact that you need to be original. Even if its the worst shit on the web, you have to do your own thing. Start with just handcoding HTML and work your way up. Like Chris said, open Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, whatever and just go at it! You are not going to put anything spectacular out there for a while, but thats the whole learning process, if you go about it in the right way, you will create a  style that is ALL YOUR OWN!

Oh, and its Actionscript, not Activescript :)

Josh Dura

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2002 - 07:30 PM

Very good points Josh, I've been designing sites for 8 years... my first site was totally original... and the ugliest piece of cow dung on the internet... but with time came the honed skills I have now.

Rome wasn't built in a day... week... month... or even a year... set yourself a goal... go from there. If it takes you 3 months to do, then you'll be like half the designers on the net :) it takes a while to get good and crank out good stuff. These are more words of encouragment than a critique... but you are getting the point I would believe.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +