3 Replies - 6500 Views - Last Post: 09 February 2010 - 05:23 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Transparency in MDI forms

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Ive been on the same thing for the past seven hours now. Im trying to ether get the MDI child form title-bar-less in maximized mode, or now, get the transparency working to where the MDI child has transparency. ) This is for a home automation system im working on. major alpha stages. Hardware control works ;) but this stupid GUI is kicking my butt. So three options i have. In maximize mode on the MDI child remove the title bar, or remove the parents scroll bar so i can make the MDI child the size of the parents MDI window, or make the MDI child transparency work. Im posting a screen shot to show you what im talking about.
Ive tried setting the transparency stuff on the parent form (setting the background color to green, and the transparency key to green, and the background on the MDI child to green but that didn't work) Im totaly open to ideas!

~ ITs the white space around the center components. ~
Attached Image

If you guys require my code, il give you what i got for the MDI child

This post has been edited by alphaman1101: 07 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Transparency in MDI forms

• This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Transparency in MDI forms

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:06 AM

Did you set the Child forms WindowState to Maximized. This should maximize to the parent even without borders.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

Hi,

You could try something differently like this:

Childform.Backcolor=Me.Backcolor

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:23 AM

I'm no expert but when I was trying to get an MDI child form to have transparency (by setting an opacity color and then setting the back color to it) and it wouldn't work. Apparently Windows XP doesn't support this. I have since moved on to WPF (using expression blend) and to be honest it is the easiest thing to use when it comes to GUI development. Adobe Photoshop files can be directly imported etc.

By the looks of it however it seems you have developed your GUI quite far already so it would probably take a lot of effort porting it to WPF.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1