4 Replies - 5817 Views - Last Post: 09 February 2010 - 08:40 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Most suitable php framework for Games

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

Hi,
I want to develop a pbbg game in php (NO, is not a mafia game and i am not the pope), and i wanted to ask you what it will be the most suitable php framework to use for a persistent browser based game. I think that the framework most support Ajax (because i need a map navigation and other Ajax needs), user login, some security features, mysql integration. And because it is a game, i am also thinking that the most important feature is to do as much as posible on the client side.
As far as i looked, maybe Zend will be good because i can use only the component that i need, but it seems that prado has a better Ajax support.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Most suitable php framework for Games

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Most suitable php framework for Games

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

I've been talking to a few guys interested in building PBBGs with PHP lately, and for the most part I've been hearing recommendations for the Kohana Framework.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:41 AM

View Postgirasquid, on 08 February 2010 - 08:45 AM, said:

I've been talking to a few guys interested in building PBBGs with PHP lately, and for the most part I've been hearing recommendations for the Kohana Framework.

I don't know what a PBBG is but i am building my own online game and since adopting the Kohana framework, i would not use anything else. It is fast and easily extendable. Online documentation is easy to read and understand, and it has built in security for today's world.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:19 AM

PBBG is the acronym for Persistent Browser Based Game.
Well, since i have 2 advices and the both are to use Kohana, then i will use kohana, and add a framework for ajax and maybe use some components from Zend.
And searching for a game framework i have found the modular gaming framework, that is also based on Kohana. I don't know how good or how flexible is this modular gaming framework and what can it do, since it has no documentation, except how to install it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:40 AM

I've talked to one of the developers of modulargaming, who's using it on a few projects - I don't think he's launched any of them, though. His Github page is at http://github.com/copy112/ - I'm sure he'll be happy to help you out with any problems you run into. You can also e-mail him at Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1