Could not find Installable ISAM

Error when trying to insert data into a Visual FoxPro Database

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 6128 Views - Last Post: 11 February 2010 - 09:12 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Could not find Installable ISAM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

Greetings,

We wrote an integration program to take data from a SQL database, manipulate it, and then import it into a FoxPro Database.

This program runs perfectly fine from our development machines, but when we try to deploy it to the client machine we are receiving the error "Could not find Installable ISAM". When I search for this error on the web I am getting mostly Microsoft Access results. Which makes sense because the connection string I am using includes the Microsoft JET OLEDB Provider:

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=P:\Data\;Extended Properties=dBASE IV;User ID=;Password=;"

I've tried downloading the latest VisualFoxPro drivers from numerous websites and nothing seems to be correcting this error. It's definitely been narrowed down to the environmental settings on this XP Machine we are trying to run it on, but I was hoping someone out there may have dealt with this before and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Could not find Installable ISAM

• This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Could not find Installable ISAM

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:23 PM

Is this by any chance a 64 bit operating system you're trying to run it on?
If so, try changing the application to only run on x86 as there is no OLEDB.4.0 provider for Win 64bit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:53 AM

View PostCharlieMay, on 08 February 2010 - 04:23 PM, said:

Is this by any chance a 64 bit operating system you're trying to run it on?
If so, try changing the application to only run on x86 as there is no OLEDB.4.0 provider for Win 64bit.

Thank you for your reply. I will look into that, I doubt it's 64-bit just because of the person that's using the XP machine, but since I can't be 100% certain I will definitely check.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• This space intentionally left blank
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I've not worked with FoxPro databases) but shouldn't there be a filename at the end of the path?

never mind, I just answered my own question.

This post has been edited by CharlieMay: 09 February 2010 - 06:11 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

I had a very similar problem recently, but I can't remember how I solved it now :P

You could try this:

On your development machine go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) > Drivers.

View the same screen on your deployment machine and see whether there are any driver differences between the two computers. If there are then that will give you something to investigate.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:12 AM

View PostCharles:), on 09 February 2010 - 05:18 AM, said:

I had a very similar problem recently, but I can't remember how I solved it now :P

You could try this:

On your development machine go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) > Drivers.

View the same screen on your deployment machine and see whether there are any driver differences between the two computers. If there are then that will give you something to investigate.

Thanks, I will definitely look into that. We are starting to go a different direction with the program, but I would still like to figure this out for future reference.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1