reload same page

when user clicks back button of browser he must get the same page on w

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 760 Views - Last Post: 18 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

reload same page

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

I'm developing a web application in which user logs in, uses application and logs out.......

So the problem is when user logs in, after login from his home page he can go back to Login page by clicking browser's back button and even after logout to the application page....

I have used META tag but it does not work.....

please give me solution to this.....
Thank you.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: reload same page

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: reload same page

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

One thing you could try is to add some code to the page that doesn't allow it to be cached by the browser. That should require the page to be loaded fully each time it is accessed, and as a result if the user is logged out (and you have the page set up so it checks if they are logged in) you can tell that they are a quest (not logged in) and not give them a functioning application page.

If you are suing PHP this is done through the header() function. I believe there are meta tags that are supposed to get the same result, but don't know what they are offhand.

Hope that helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: reload same page

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

View PostBetaWar, on 12 February 2010 - 02:33 PM, said:

One thing you could try is to add some code to the page that doesn't allow it to be cached by the browser. That should require the page to be loaded fully each time it is accessed, and as a result if the user is logged out (and you have the page set up so it checks if they are logged in) you can tell that they are a quest (not logged in) and not give them a functioning application page.

If you are suing PHP this is done through the header() function. I believe there are meta tags that are supposed to get the same result, but don't know what they are offhand.

Hope that helps.

Hi....
thanks for reply

but I,m using JSP
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1