i want want to know what you have to say
Subject: Beware of emails coming from government domains!
I got this from out IT department. You probably already Know about it, but just in case...
Beware of emails coming from government domains! Recently, a campaign has been detected by government officials that is designed to trick computer users into clicking on a malicious link. Clicking on this link will cause your workstation to become infected with the Zeus malware.
Zeus has been used to extract login credentials, banking information and email addresses. The emails that you should be alert to come from the following spoofed sender domains:
The emails have subjects similar to the following:
* RE: National Intelligence Council
* Report of the National Intelligence Council
* United Nations New Centre
* National Intelligence Council
* Intelink Metrics Database
Some emails may come through with “.com” rather than “.gov”.
Our recommendations are:
* Do not trust unsolicited email; simply delete it.
* Do not click links and attachments in unsolicited email messages – that’s often where the viruses are.
* Contact the IT Service Desk at 7378 if you have received any suspicious emails or think you have a virus on your workstation.