5 Replies - 1736 Views - Last Post: 15 April 2006 - 06:07 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Pushing to the limit

Post icon  Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:01 AM

Hi all,

I've been sponsered to make this site, its up now and just wondered what people thought - all C&C are appreciated :)

As you can guess its for mathematicians.

The Maths Site

This post has been edited by lenny: 25 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Pushing to the limit

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Pushing to the limit

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:15 PM

Maths ?

I dunno if the name sounds right but I'm no english major.

The layout is nice, it's clean and simple, it looks like a lot of other sites out there however thats not always a bad thing.

The forum is intagrated real well, I really like how that looks. Colors look good too.

I dunno about the 'Extras' name to that portion of the site, it seems like 'Resources' or I dont know, something else would be more fitting.

Overall - Great work, looks good.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:06 PM

I echo everything Mark says. But I have one question, "Where's the 'About Us' page?" Because, unless I knew before hand that the site was about mathmatics, I would think it was a personal blog/site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for your replies.

MarkoDaGeek> Thank you for your complements - I really appreciate them. I had to resort to making a forum from scratch to get it looking how I wanted it but that came at a price - there are a lot of issues with it right now.

As for the name of the site, I believe in America you would drop the s and just say "Math", however in England it's "Maths" ... I think. I too am no English Major ;)

You were right about the "Extras" I have now retitled that page to "Resources".

hotsnoj> I'm glad that you like the site too - thanks for your response :) I chose not to include a "About Us" Page for the simple reason that there is little room in the navigation to add more links - you can see in the Resources section the home of: Definitions, Proofs, Exam Countdown and Links. Ideally this should all have a link from the top menu.. but I don't really have room. I suppose the only other alternative is to make a sidemenu.

I am unsure why you would have not realised it is a maths site, as it is given in the domain name.

Look forward to hearing any other comments :)

Thanks,

Andy
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:53 AM

I know it's math site silly! I'm just pointing out that there really isn't much on the home page to suggest that it is. What I'm getting from the main page is that it's a weblog of someone who's super interested in mathematics. But hey, that appears to just be me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:07 PM

fair point. when i've sorted out all the website issues i'll post some maths news on the front page ;)

Cheers for response
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1