hi guys i am in need of your help plz(getting job in Microsoft)

help me guyz in getting job in microsoft

• (3 Pages)
  • +

40 Replies - 5601 Views - Last Post: 01 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

hi guys i am in need of your help plz(getting job in Microsoft)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

hi guys ,

i am in india, i just want you all to help me in giving some useful steps and suggestion to get job in microsoft ,actually i did n't score well in my UG(b.tech I.T) but still i am working hard in developing my programming skill in java ,but i don't know what are all the qualification needed to get job in microsoft and also i don't see many of them are in java in microsoft ...so please help me in giving some steps to apply for job in microsoft i mean how to apply ? where to apply ? and the resources to prepare for interviews .thanks in advance for helping me mates ...... :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? -5
  • +

Replies To: hi guys i am in need of your help plz(getting job in Microsoft)

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: hi guys i am in need of your help plz(getting job in Microsoft)

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hi,

when you get in, i also want to get a job there...
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

help us guys :(
Was This Post Helpful? -5
  • +
  • -

• if(coden4fun.NotTired){ ContinueToCode(); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

POPULAR

If you don't know how to get there maybe you shouldn't be working there. Microsoft usually only hires smart people, and smart people would be able to figure out how to get there. Use bing, google, then there's always Microsoft Careers?

This post has been edited by coden4fun: 17 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

View Postcoden4fun, on 17 February 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

If you don't know how to get there maybe you shouldn't be working there. Microsoft usually only hires smart people, and smart people would be able to figure out how to get there. Use bing, google, then there's always Microsoft Careers?

@coden4fun,

Actually i am really extremely sorry mate for my noob silly question that i asked as my request . Please mate can you able to explain me how smart i have to be? to get job in microsoft ,i mean do i have to correct any bugs in windows? or some thing like that? or what else microsoft expect's from me to give job for me dude . Actually i am so sad about my UG degree scores and i am trusting my lord jesus christ for good opertunity in microsoft ,i hope you and our forum members can understand my situation and will help me ...thank in advance and also thanks for the reply dude and my friend
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

First of all proper good english is a prerequisite.

Then you can have a look in all the Microsoft Courses. MSDE, MCP etc.

That should keep you busy for a while.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

POPULAR

View Postfunkygarzon, on 17 February 2010 - 08:53 PM, said:

@coden4fun,

Actually i am really extremely sorry mate for my noob silly question that i asked as my request . Please mate can you able to explain me how smart i have to be? to get job in microsoft ,i mean do i have to correct any bugs in windows? or some thing like that? or what else microsoft expect's from me to give job for me dude . Actually i am so sad about my UG degree scores and i am trusting my lord jesus christ for good opertunity in microsoft ,i hope you and our forum members can understand my situation and will help me ...thank in advance and also thanks for the reply dude and my friend

If Mr. Christ gets you a job at Microsoft, send me a PM.
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:41 AM

View Postmotcom, on 17 February 2010 - 10:29 PM, said:

The English or the Microsoft Courses?

View PostRaynes, on 17 February 2010 - 10:56 PM, said:

@coden4fun,

deleted to shorten the message

Shit if Mr. Christ gives you ANYTHING let me know. I would love to meet this omnipotent, omniscient being who gives great things to people as if it is easy come by.

This post has been edited by coden4fun: 18 February 2010 - 01:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:35 AM

View Postcoden4fun, on 18 February 2010 - 12:41 AM, said:

View Postmotcom, on 17 February 2010 - 10:29 PM, said:

The English or the Microsoft Courses?

View PostRaynes, on 17 February 2010 - 10:56 PM, said:

@coden4fun,

deleted to shorten the message

Shit if Mr. Christ gives you ANYTHING let me know. I would love to meet this omnipotent, omniscient being who gives great things to people as if it is easy come by.

Heh. Reminds me of a couple of weeks ago, while waiting to take my road test. There was this man who could barely walk there. He told his story casually, said he had gotten in a motorcycle accident years ago. Later on, I told him I felt his pain and he replied with "God doesn't give you any more than you can handle, and he still lets me walk even though I shouldn't be able to without the $1000 leg braces I'm supposed to be wearing." I just smiled and nodded though it took massive effort to not say "Well, who crashed the motorcycle?"
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:47 AM

Yeah, ignorant people who hide behind fallacious fictional characters annoys me to no end. Reminds me of when I was in the hospital my family is quite religious in the craziest most racist religions in the world that I have heard of, Mormonism. I have been a proud out spoken atheist ever since I hit the age of reason. I was forced with my first surgery through my mother (but it's objectivism, which you'll learn later in life to do things to make happy the people around you) to have a prayer by a bunch of mormon missionaries who'd I'd rather not even talk to. Story short, I needed surgery again, however, she was in another state when it happened, so I just went in to the OR (I was a frequent visitor at the time), and got it done. Guess what happened both time? I survived surgery. Not because of a holy fallacious blessing, but because of the advances of science, and people who know what they are doing.

My mother told me that it was a miracle and I should thank jesus for my second chance in life, but honestly, soon as she spoke of that I thought that would discredit the surgeons who has spent so many years in their profession to become the best in their field (and they were, The lead surgeon of my operation was the leading organ surgeon at Duke NC).

This post has been edited by coden4fun: 18 February 2010 - 02:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:49 AM

Objectivism is something I learned a couple of years ago.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

Living in the Bible thumping country that I do with the family, which I was evolved from when people usually debate on religion I just throw a fossil at them, scream out Dinosaurs, and other very rude and cruel accurate scientific facts that religious zealots hate to dispute. Usually I chose to dispute with an arsenal of knowledge in Abiogenesis, Darwinian Evolution, or simply just dispute the idiocy of imagining a single being that could be in anyway infinite by it's omnipotent or omniscient ways.

But enough of the fairy tail, I think this person who started the post should simply think about working somewhere else.

This post has been edited by coden4fun: 18 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:07 AM

View Postcoden4fun, on 18 February 2010 - 03:02 AM, said:

Living in the Bible thumping country that I do with the family, which I was evolved from when people usually debate on religion I just throw a fossil at them, scream out Dinosaurs, and other very rude and cruel accurate scientific facts that religious zealots hate to dispute. Usually I chose to dispute with an arsenal of knowledge in Abiogenesis, Darwinian Evolution, or simply just dispute the idiocy of imagining a single being that could be in anyway infinite by it's omnipotent or omniscient ways.

But enough of the fairy tail, I think this person who started the post should simply think about working somewhere else.

I feel your pain. I live in central Alabama. As I've jokingly mentioned before, you can't walk to the end of the drive to get the paper without tripping over a stack of Bibles.

OT:

I think it's great that you have ambition, and that you set your goals high. There is nothing wrong with dreaming big. However, you need to take things slow. You need to spend time improving yourself, your skills, your experience. You need to get other jobs. You can't just jump into a Microsoft cubical in a single day. Work your ass off.

A lot of people that I've talked to on this forum think that things like grammar and spelling don't matter; they do. They matter more than you know. Little stuff like that can make you look bad. If you look and act professional and confident, and have the skills and experience to back it up, you might just reach your goals.

This post has been edited by Raynes: 18 February 2010 - 05:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:39 AM

Well Raynes, I must objectively refute your comment, "There is nothing wrong with dreaming big", and that you encourage him to be ambitious and to set his goals high.

Many times than not I have seen developers on various communities, of various skill levels who dream big, has great ambition and drastic dreams on their careers, but has no realistic truth on how high they're letting there imagination climb. It is absolutely repulsive! I have seen great projects get the back burner just because they didn't realize how much work was actually involved in the development of their project.

I have seen people cry for not getting a job, or worse getting fired from their "dream job", because they didn't realize the intensity of the career they wanted to pursuit, for reasons of not knowing they would work all day and night in an office, or simply they didn't discipline themselves' working with a crowd of other developers, or discipline themselves' in their desired field.

People do have potential to do great things; however, most times than not these great things come to an end, for the lack of understanding of the difficulties and discipline needed to accomplish such great dreams.

This post has been edited by coden4fun: 18 February 2010 - 05:41 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:25 AM

View Postcoden4fun, on 18 February 2010 - 04:39 AM, said:

Well Raynes, I must objectively refute your comment, "There is nothing wrong with dreaming big", and that you encourage him to be ambitious and to set his goals high.

Many times than not I have seen developers on various communities, of various skill levels who dream big, has great ambition and drastic dreams on their careers, but has no realistic truth on how high they're letting there imagination climb. It is absolutely repulsive! I have seen great projects get the back burner just because they didn't realize how much work was actually involved in the development of their project.

I have seen people cry for not getting a job, or worse getting fired from their "dream job", because they didn't realize the intensity of the career they wanted to pursuit, for reasons of not knowing they would work all day and night in an office, or simply they didn't discipline themselves' working with a crowd of other developers, or discipline themselves' in their desired field.

People do have potential to do great things; however, most times than not these great things come to an end, for the lack of understanding of the difficulties and discipline needed to accomplish such great dreams.

Most of what you agree with was made up for by my comments about working for it. If you don't have ambitions, then what's the point of living?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +