how to become a good blogger

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 1846 Views - Last Post: 06 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Blogging As a habit?

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

Hai

Does anyone know how to become a good blogger for example: constantly update your blog and etc

thanks for sharing... in advance ^^
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Blogging As a habit?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Blogging As a habit?

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

POPULAR

Becoming a good blogger takes a bunch of different skills which may include some of the following...

1) Good grammar and spelling
2) Up-to-date content to keep it fresh
3) Interesting topic material that engages a target audience
4) Keep a regular schedule about it
5) Refer to other bloggers and have them refer to you
6) Keep an open dialog with your audience and allow them to participate and be heard.

If you can draw in interest, keep it fresh and on point then you can certainly become a great blogger. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• $bert = new DragonUnicorn(); $bert->rawr();
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

Well that just summed up everything I was going to say and then some.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

Things that Martyr mentioned are definately requirements if you want to be a successful blogger.

As for 'blogging as a habit', if you want to be able to post good quality content daily, you're going to need to love the topic you're blogging about or have some form of motivation for doing it, otherwise you probably won't stick it out.

Keep posting good stuff and persist until people start flowing into your site, which opens up another area you might want to look into if you haven't already - SEO.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

I am Olufemi a Nigerian programmer and a blogger that have blogs in areas of human endeavours. I have written many articles and I'm still in the business of blogging. Blogging is not only for fun but you can make good income from it. Nobody will compel you to post on your blog when dollars start rolling in.
I will like you to read one of my blog that is dedicated to blogging and profit.
Check it out @ Sack your Boss and you will bless me for giving you this great opportunity.

Shalom
Olufemi
Nigeria :bananaman:[/size]

This post has been edited by mochfem: 03 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

View Postmochfem, on 03 March 2010 - 04:22 PM, said:

I am Olufemi a Nigerian programmer and a blogger that have blogs in areas of human endeavours. I have written many articles and I'm still in the business of blogging. Blogging is not only for fun but you can make good income from it. Nobody will compel you to post on your blog when dollars start rolling in.
I will like you to read one of my blog that is dedicated to blogging and profit.
Check it out @ Sack your Boss and you will bless me for giving you this great opportunity.

Shalom
Olufemi
Nigeria :bananaman:[/size]

For a minute there I thought you were going to be some Nigerian Prince who had crashed his private jet and wanted to give me $1,000,000 for some reason. Almost.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

One additional thing I've found to be helpful is to write more than one post at a time. I usually have three stories going at a time - one I'm proofreading for this week, another I'm writing/tagging, and one that's an idea to be fleshed out. These don't all have to be 'live' but it helps when you have three posts ready to go, and then get swamped at work, decide to go on vacation, or don't have anything to write for whatever your time interval is.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1