ASP.NET Roll Call

• (3 Pages)
  • +

41 Replies - 33455 Views - Last Post: 24 January 2013 - 01:08 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: ASP.NET Roll Call

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

View Postleadfirelf, on 24 June 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

Hi, My name is not important, I am an ASP.NET VB.NET <2005+> developer and I personally think that the BackTrack website looks epic. I enjoy doing most of my basic html coding in notepad since there are less errors that can be made by a "Development Suite" ...apanta. I am also an decent cpp developer, and most importantly a die hard comic sans user

Just as a side note I don't use backtrack I just love to stare at the site, well written(and shiny)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Hello! I'm still just a student, and I have mostly been working with Java, but about a month ago, I discovered ASP.net, and I love it! In fact, I think I'd like to become an ASP.net developer once my skills are up to par. It's nice to meet you all. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

My name is Andrew Tomczak.

At my last job I wrote a Web application for the assessment of River hydraulics and Geomorphology of the surrounding landscape, where scientists collect data, crunch numbers and collect the resulting information around the state of Vermont (https://anrnode.anr.state.vt.us/sga/). This Application/Site is a rewrite and enhancement from a Coldfusion Web application; it is written in ASP & VB .Net with a SQL Server database and the reports are served from a SQL Server Reporting Services server. It uses a minimal amount of Javascript and no explicit use of AJAX, but when I navigate the pages it is apparent that there is some implicit AJAX built into the master pages.

At my current job I enhance and improve a Web application that tracks macro economic financial information for Debtwire.com. Unfortunately the application is only available exclusively for a very hefty subscription fee. And some of the information is, even more exclusively, only available to employees within the company. So I cannot make the pages available for viewing. This Web application is also written in ASP & VB .Net with a SQL Server database. There are two major differences, in this application compared to the previous one. The first one is that it uses extensive Javascript and AJAX (both client and server side) in order to get the number crunching performance up to par. And number two, we are struggling to get the application to serve PDF reports from SQL Server Reporting Services.

I find the both the AJAX and the SQL Server Reporting Services difficult to deal with because they have not matured much yet, and there is a minimal amount of documentation available for each. The good news, however, is that this was the same situation I had with the ASP/VB .Net when I started the first application, but both the technology and the documentation has matured sense then.

My daily grind typically includes endless search for documentation and syntax examples for very high level Microsoft programming code.

I prefer Java Web Technology, but unfortunately the high level code has diverged into an endless sea of disjoint technologies. So I am finally biting the the bullet and getting back to writing code that I can sell (as an entrepreneur for my night job) that involves Commercial Java Web Applications that serve pages to computer and wireless phone browsers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hello everyone.

My name is Nick, and I've been developing almost exclusively in asp.net/c# since the beginning of 2011. I've written a couple of pretty large web applications, and am currently working on one solo. I'm a huge fan of asp.net and c# together, and will try to specialize in them as much as I can. I still have a TON to learn about the languages and development in general, so I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and hopefully will be able to contribute a fraction of what I gain...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

I'm currently playing about making a trivial file based CMS using the tiny_mce :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

hi :)
im beginner to asp.net but i already like it a lot:)
you can find skype in my profile, feel free to add me;d
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

Currently doing a lot more Client Side AJAX and starting the migration of code to the MVC protocol.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Just started as a maintenance programmer using asp.net. Just graduated in December, looking forward to getting started coding soon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#39 _HAWK_  Icon User is online

• Master(Of Foo)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Turns out I am a ASPX programmer too. Still new, but this sh*t is getting fun.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

asp.net with vb.net
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hi, I've been programming for 2 years now in mainly ASP.net.(school)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

how we discount code in asp.net in text box
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)