Users who are found to be abusing the Reputation system or violating any of the Reputation rules will lose their member badge and be placed in a group which can not utilize the reputation system. Subsequent violations may result in a permanent ban.
Best Reputation Practices
- DO give POSITIVE (+) reputation to posts that answer a question correctly, are intelligent, well written, or helpful.
- DO give NEGATIVE (-) reputation to posts that are incorrect, insulting or mean, unhelpful, or trolling.
- Spread the love! Help new members get their first positive reputation for a nice introduction, or a helpful reply.
- DO NOT ask or beg for reputation in your posts (you CAN put a single line in your signature to encourage positive reputation)
- DO NOT give NEGATIVE (-) reputation just because you don't like the answer. If you broke the rules, it's your fault, not the person that told you.
- DO NOT give NEGATIVE reputation to another member because of a grudge, retaliation, or disagreement.
- DO NOT give NEGATIVE reputation just because you disagree with someones opinion in "Heated Topics" or the "Caffeine Lounge"
- DO NOT in any way, shape, or form attempt to manipulate your or another members reputation. This includes "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" type agreements or voting UP another members posts just to inflate their reputation. Any unnatural repping will be spotted and punished.
- DO NOT vote for your own posts using another account.
Reporting Reputation Abuse
ABUSE is repeated and ongoing abuse of the reputation system by a member. ABUSE IS NOT someone down voting a couple of your posts you thought were helpful. If you see someone continually down voting the same person over and over, or down voting every post in a thread, or any sort of voting pattern that seems to violate any of the rules, you can go to that members profile and click "Report" to alert the moderation staff.
Do not abuse the report system. Only report legitimate abuses to the system.