2 Replies - 1542 Views - Last Post: 27 February 2010 - 06:08 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Php shopping cart tutorial request please

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hmmn, please can someone create a php shopping cart tutorial?
I want to learn this please... i could not find one shopping cart tutorial here

Thank you
Is This A Good Question/Topic? -4
  • +

Replies To: Php shopping cart tutorial request please

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Php shopping cart tutorial request please

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

You can't find a tutorial because this is a tall order. You are better off downloading a free Shopping Cart or starting off with smaller projects.

I can suggest getting a book or two covering php & mysql fundamentals. But it will require a bit of reading & a lot of effort from you. There are even entire books devoted to shopping cart development.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Php shopping cart tutorial request please

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:08 AM

As no2pencil has already stated a shopping cart is a fairly big project, and there are lots of ways of doing it depending on the features you want.

Also I thought there was a request a tutorial forum or thread somewhere?

Anywho, to the point, PHP and MySQL Web Development, from the "For Dummies" is an excellent start, and covers building a pretty decent shopping cart, so you should be able to build your knowledge and then build the shopping cart when you feel up to it :D.

I will however warn you that she uses a lot of arrays to produce her HTML forms, this can be very intimidating to newer developers. Also she does not cover the HTML or CSS, not that there is much CSS.

On another point, I think that if you have a basic knowledge of PHP, HTML and CSS I think that using the tutorials on DIC you could probably have a good stab at creating you're own shopping cart application, naturally we will be glad to help you out if you run into any troubles.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1