Challenge submitted by arthurakay
Challenge: Use the Google Maps API to create an interactive map or mashup.
- Mark Your House
- Include your Avatar in your marker
- Create custom markers
Ideas for Advanced Users:
- try adding the various map overlays (Traffic, StreetView, etc.)
- explore the GMap2() class methods (enableDoubleClickZoom, enableGoogleBar, etc.)
- try adding more than one location and marker
Example: Adding a map to your website.
In the example above, you will see that we create a 500x500 pixel map that has centered on the White House.
To build your own map you need to do two things:
(1) you need to get your own API "key" here (If you're just testing this out on a file:// or localhost address, you don't need a key), replacing the "XXXXXXXXXX" in my example
(2) you need to replace the White House address with your own
(Note: Be sure to use the onload() and onunload() event handlers on the BODY tag - the map won't work correctly without them!)
- Google Maps API: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/