retreiving field for database

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 382 Views - Last Post: 01 March 2010 - 05:34 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Database Queries

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

fellow coder,
i have a database that has been linked to a vb interface. the buttons work. the problem im having is when i click on the 'artist' button i get all the songs and artist in the database. what i want is when i click on a button for assigned to a particular artist only songs by that artist come up. im not sure if a sql statement will solve this. if so how do i do it.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Database Queries

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Database Queries

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

select * from table_name where artist_name_column_name = "artist_name"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Database Queries

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

View Postwilliamscel, on 01 March 2010 - 01:02 PM, said:

fellow coder,
i have a database that has been linked to a vb interface. the buttons work. the problem im having is when i click on the 'artist' button i get all the songs and artist in the database. what i want is when i click on a button for assigned to a particular artist only songs by that artist come up. im not sure if a sql statement will solve this. if so how do i do it.

thanks.
i seem to be having some problems still. i have buttons that go previous and next through artists and another button to select songs. what i want is for example. if i go to beegees and select the button thats says songs i want only songs by beegees to come up from the database and then if i click next and usher comes up and i click songs i want only songs for usher to come up. i know what i want but just not sure how to do it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1