How to Zip a folder without losing the files within it

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 2811 Views - Last Post: 01 March 2010 - 07:08 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Zipping a Folder

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hi everyone.
I am trying to zip a folder using a class that I was given.
The class is called CGZipFiles and when I use it to zip just files it does so successfully. The problem I have is that when I try to zip a folder the files within the folder are lost.

I code was created orinally by Chris Eastwood in 1999 (InfoZip). I sent him a message but unfortunately he did not respond. As a result I am seeking out anyone who can help me with this issue.

I have tried to change some of the Optional Properties within the Zip Class but to no avail.
I have attached the module code in a word doc for anyone to have a look at and may be point me in the write direction.
The module code references a cople of dll's these are "zip32.dll" and "CGZipLibrary.dll"

Any help would be greatly accepted.
Thanks a lot,
David Curran.

Attached File(s)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Zipping a Folder

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Zipping a Folder

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Well looking over the documentaion project over at vbaccelerator,... the delete entries in the type is 1 for delete and 0 for do not delete. Then in your declaration of your function its default is zero, so the question is how do you call it??? See their project for more documentaion (their code is based off the same infozip source)... http://www.vbacceler...ple_Project.asp

Good Luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1