Operating system coding?

i need help with making a operating system.

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1018 Views - Last Post: 15 March 2010 - 09:11 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Stormy Lane Wentworth*

Operating system coding?

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

I need help with making a new operating system but i don't know where to start i've read many articles and have tried to learn many computer software engineering things but i don't know where to start i need help please will someone help?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Operating system coding?

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Operating system coding?

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

View PostStormy Lane Wentworth, on 15 March 2010 - 10:04 PM, said:

but i don't know where to start

Sorry, but if you don't know where to start, then building an OS is too tall a task, in my opinion.

Look into making a boot loader 1st, would be my suggestion. It's hard to give you a starting point without knowing what you know & what your goal is. But since you admittedly don't know where to start then I must say that your heart isn't in it, &/or you have not done your groundwork. Building an OS is a task for much more than just one person & requires years of knowledge & experience with programming, hardware knowledge, & desire.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_Stormy Lane Wentworth*

Re: Operating system coding?

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

View PostStormy Lane Wentworth, on 15 March 2010 - 08:04 PM, said:

I need help with making a new operating system but i don't know where to start i've read many articles and have tried to learn many computer software engineering things but i don't know where to start i need help please will someone help?

View Postno2pencil, on 15 March 2010 - 08:06 PM, said:

View PostStormy Lane Wentworth, on 15 March 2010 - 10:04 PM, said:

but i don't know where to start

Sorry, but if you don't know where to start, then building an OS is too tall a task, in my opinion.

Look into making a boot loader 1st, would be my suggestion. It's hard to give you a starting point without knowing what you know & what your goal is.

Well actually i do have a book called LFS 6.6 but i don't know how to start the coding for the bootloader is what i am asking help with is trying to understand the book.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1